PDA

View Full Version : mothers day fishing extrordinaire

chriscosta
05-12-2013, 06:45 PM
well i took three of my young ladys out for a bike ride down to the river to do some catchin for some fish and it turned out ok i didnt get a line in as i was co fishing for the girls they landed a bunch of walleye one had to of been five pounds a few descent goldeyes and even a rmw i couldnt believe it now my daughter has a better filled bucket list than me lol but it was great to get them out they loved it

fish gunner
05-12-2013, 08:18 PM
Congrats , dad and co .well done on getting the ladies out on the banks . :sHa_shakeshout:
Its always the way take a kid fishing to see a fish species you've never caught or a bigger one than you've caught lol. Glad you had a great day on the water with the family.:)

Lmil
05-13-2013, 05:59 AM
I had a similar (ya right) outing. Went fishing for mother's day with the wife and kids. That's where the similarities end. Got skunked. This marks the second time I went to Spring lake, north of Hythe, and the second time i came back with nothing. But, fish or no fish, it was good to finally get out there.

zappyoldfart
05-14-2013, 08:31 PM
I had a similar (ya right) outing. Went fishing for mother's day with the wife and kids. That's where the similarities end. Got skunked. This marks the second time I went to Spring lake, north of Hythe, and the second time i came back with nothing. But, fish or no fish, it was good to finally get out there.

Were there any fish jumping? I do okay at Spring, troll a willow-leaf type of lake troll much of the time, but also use a variety of bait behind a water-bobber. Spring is often productive under low-light conditions, we've had success there after dark even.:sign0068: