PDA

View Full Version : Wab today

YeeHaw
05-13-2013, 12:09 AM
Could not take the wait any longer, Took my newly remodeled boat out to Wab this evening for a quick test and tune. The ice is now off, but there is a lot of floating reed clumps floating around, due to the water level. The wind was a pain in the rear to deal with. Can't wait for Wednesday, hopefully see a few others from here, out there:)

waterninja
05-13-2013, 02:15 AM
great news. can't wait.

Remi3006
05-13-2013, 04:57 PM
I'm guessing the water level is low right now...?

dryflyguy
05-15-2013, 10:44 AM
Lake is up from what I've heard

Graffy91
05-15-2013, 11:45 AM
Out here right now, slaying them! Water is high!

dryflyguy
05-15-2013, 01:41 PM
I'll be out on the lake this weekend, at least for 1 day. Hoping the weather cooperates!

YeeHaw
05-15-2013, 02:17 PM
What part of the lake you on Graffy? we got 32 or 33 now, but has really died off in the last 2 hours. we are on the north east side.

AriahJade
05-15-2013, 03:38 PM
Hubby and I are heading out in our canoe with electric motor tonight for some opening day action. We are excited!

curtis_rak
05-15-2013, 06:42 PM
The lake is up about a foot from what i could tell on saturday night when i went for a ride on Wab.....

Graffy91
05-15-2013, 07:02 PM
What part of the lake you on Graffy? we got 32 or 33 now, but has really died off in the last 2 hours. we are on the north east side.

Was out by Ironhead, tried fallis, power plant, but the best success was at Ironhead.

Where were you on the lake?

Fish and wildlife also stopped us.

Landed 39 myself, dad had 41.

We were in the red Lund, Honda 25horse.

Is that your black ranger with the stickers on the back?!?!

If so ours are twins basically. Haha!

Fishing_Junkie88
05-15-2013, 07:07 PM
Grafffy post up pics-!!!!

YeeHaw
05-15-2013, 07:23 PM
Yes Graffy thats mine. We got 43 total. Im shure we seen you, we are in the silver Misty river with the pedestal seats. Two of us in it.

JohninAB
05-15-2013, 07:40 PM
Graffy were there 3 in your boat? If so seen you. We were straight across from the town launch. Black and silver Crestliner single console. Fishergirl, Geezle and myself.

Also seen EZM I think. 2 guys in a new black Lund full console with around a 135 or so on the back. Waved at them but guess they did not see us.

We did not do well at Fallis but did very well across from the town launch.

Graffy91
05-15-2013, 07:51 PM
Yes Graffy thats mine. We got 43 total. Im shure we seen you, we are in the silver Misty river with the pedestal seats. Two of us in it.

Yup we passed you in the early am then by the tressel.

Yeah I got a 99 ranger, stickered all over haha.

Remi3006
05-15-2013, 07:59 PM
Any big ones?

Graffy91
05-15-2013, 08:02 PM
Biggest was a 10lber, lotsa hammer handles.

Saw a big ass dead floating sucker, measured him on the scale pulled in at 8lbs.

Was a hell of a day none the less. :D

Hope you enjoyed it yeehaw!

AriahJade
05-15-2013, 09:16 PM
We just got back. We caught 18 between 5:30 and 8:00. All trolling around the bay accross from town. Biggest was about 10 pounds, caught by my 7 year old trolling with an ice fishing rod!(We use a canoe with an electric and he doesn't get all tangled with our lines with the ice fishing rod!) What a great night of fishing, the bay was mostly smooth as glass.

EZM
05-16-2013, 09:06 AM
Graffy were there 3 in your boat? If so seen you. We were straight across from the town launch. Black and silver Crestliner single console. Fishergirl, Geezle and myself.

Also seen EZM I think. 2 guys in a new black Lund full console with around a 135 or so on the back. Waved at them but guess they did not see us.

Yeah that was TrophyPikeHunter and I in the Black Lund with the 150 Honda .......... sorry didn't see you guys waving.

Were you guys working the point across from the launch? we turned into the bay and did one troll up and and one back and picked up a few little ones and headed over moonlight to see whats going on over there. Then back across the lake .......

We trolled around 3 younger guys in a tinner out at Fallis and a single guy in a tinner anchored at the point. Saw very few boats yesterday actually.

We did "ok" picked up 40-50 fish and moved around quite a bit all over the lake (breaking in new motor) and fiddling with new electronics and i-pilot link motor ...... so we were not totally focused.

Overall it was a decent day ........... nothing over 7-8lbs for us.

Seemed to pick up a few in every spot. Seemed to be catching more fish deeper than expected this time of year ..... wierd.

Fire Tiger was yesterdays color/pattern ticket .......

JohninAB
05-16-2013, 09:33 AM
Yes that was Fishergirl, Geezle and I in the Crestliner. We caught a lot of fish there but nothing of any size. Was great to be back out chucking lures though.

I learnt a few new things with my Lowrance HDS 2 since I did the updates as well. I have though, come to the conclusion, I am too old for all this new techno wizardry stuff! lol

Geezle
05-16-2013, 09:52 AM
Here's our monster of the day!

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/GeezleHerps/testing/DSC00019_zpsd1b3e582.jpg

FisherGrrrl
05-16-2013, 10:27 AM

http://i264.photobucket.com/albums/ii181/GeezleHerps/testing/DSC00019_zpsd1b3e582.jpg

lol I always catch the biggest fish ;)

Geezle
05-16-2013, 10:31 AM
lol I always catch the biggest fish of the day ;)

Pffft you foul hooked that poor beast! :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Red Neck
05-16-2013, 10:51 AM
:sign0176: Had to work and missed all the excitement. I am going to work from the floating office this afternoon :sHa_shakeshout: Our Floating office is a 17ft Red and White StarCraft 90hrs Evenrude double console, with two grey haired dudes. come on over and trade secrets
Cant wait to get to the office:sHa_shakeshout:

Red Neck Out:scared0018:

Graffy91
05-16-2013, 11:42 AM

Yup that was us! My dad, kris from work and myself.

EZM
05-16-2013, 12:31 PM

The perch were definitely aggressive - often hitting and following lures all day.

I'd suggest they might also be CANNIBALS !!!!!

YeeHaw
05-16-2013, 12:45 PM
the perch were everywhere yesterday, there would be at least 6 or 7 of them following every cast. too bad we never seen any that were over 4 inches.

EZM
05-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Yeah - we were getting a kick out of it - TrophyPikeHunter had a five of diamonds on slow retrive and an entire school followed it right up to the boat - yup all little 3"-4" dinks.

I was getting perch attack a 1oz bullet lead head with a thick giant 5" rubber tail - it was hilarious.

14 ga-zillion of them in there this year - the Pike will be big and fat this year .... lol.

MountedPike
05-28-2013, 09:51 PM
Yeah that was TrophyPikeHunter and I in the Black Lund with the 150 Honda .......... sorry didn't see you guys waving.

Were you guys working the point across from the launch? we turned into the bay and did one troll up and and one back and picked up a few little ones and headed over moonlight to see whats going on over there. Then back across the lake .......

We trolled around 3 younger guys in a tinner out at Fallis and a single guy in a tinner anchored at the point. Saw very few boats yesterday actually.

We did "ok" picked up 40-50 fish and moved around quite a bit all over the lake (breaking in new motor) and fiddling with new electronics and i-pilot link motor ...... so we were not totally focused.

Overall it was a decent day ........... nothing over 7-8lbs for us.

Seemed to pick up a few in every spot. Seemed to be catching more fish deeper than expected this time of year ..... wierd.

Fire Tiger was yesterdays color/pattern ticket .......

That was me and two of my good friends! We had a great day that day 35 fish. Biggest being about 15 lbs