PDA

View Full Version : Chinook Fishing Slowed, Coho Crazy!

dss44
07-26-2008, 10:04 PM
Well...after how we have been spoiled the first month and a half of the season it was only a matter of time before a slow period occured. I'm not gonna sugar coat a report and say it is good when it is not...we are still catching the odd Chinook and TONS of Coho...but it isn't like it was last week.

It has slowed a bit for Chinooks (Coho's [10-15lbs] are still crazy abundant and giving fun fights). Last two days we have brought in 4 small Chinook...and out of 20 boats today we saw 0 Chinook caught and heard of 2 others being caught. So I'd say we were doing pretty good under the circumstances.

The small tide changes means bigger and more Chinook may not be expected until 4 days or so...and HUGE winds are coming on Monday and Tuesday (40 to 50 knots!!!!!!!! :scared::scared::scared:), so getting to the fishing grounds may be fairly hard.

However, hali and bottom fish are still plentiful, and like I said earlier, Coho are everywhere and you are allowed 2 each of those. Also, good reports out of the Charlottes means great fishing is on the way for sure (usually takes 2 weeks for those to reach us from up there), and big fish are being taken too! 3 70lbsers!!! and a few in the 60's too! So Aug 1st we should start seeing some monsters runnning....looking forward to it :D:D

Cheers,
David