PDA

View Full Version : pigeon Saturday

redneck posse
07-27-2008, 10:36 AM
well folks me and bigbadjohn spent 13 hours yesterday at pigeon fishing. used 5 tubs of minnows and 2 bags. we caught well over 100 walleyes in total with big john leading the way. the best fishing was in the morning when the water was really choppy and dirty, later when the water cleared up and the wind died down fishing was still good but a little slower. the biggest was 5.3 lbs. I'm sure john will add his two cents later hes out fishing again this morn.

TreeGuy
07-27-2008, 02:41 PM
Well done boys! Any pics? Man its been a lonnnggggg freakin' time since I've had a 100 fish day. Used to do it easily when the gasperaux were spawning, but had a ton into the deep 80's flyfishing brookies...........I miss those days.:(

Hey, with all his trips and fishing, does John even have a job or what?:evilgrin:

Tree

Cornsy
07-27-2008, 02:54 PM
Just go to pigeon lake. My buddy and i actually have hundred days EACH in under 5 hours. The jig head doesn't hit the bottom before you've encountered yet another walleye

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-27-2008, 03:43 PM
Holy smokes Yeah talk about a wicked day two days in a row . Kevin and I had a wicked day out at pigeon yesterday hammering the wally's I lost count after 50 and kevin's 20 and that was just after 2:00 we had all those and we could of doubled that number easily each. I had a blast. I was sapost to go to the indy instead but changed my mind and went fishing instead. And today I was out at Wabbamun and had a blast , we got into some nice pike fishing , slightly windy and hot but its all good. We did well .

Tree guy I do I do .