PDA

View Full Version : Forks Access

Dale S
05-16-2013, 05:29 AM
The access road going on to the island is under water. With the rain they are calling for, the rivers will come up even more. There are a bunch of trailers on the island that might be there until the water goes down in June.

jacenbeers
05-16-2013, 03:32 PM
If my trailer was one of the ones there, I would want to move it to higher ground. Some of those trailers were really close to the water this year.

the local angler
05-16-2013, 07:20 PM
wow really? i thought the runoff hasnt started yet whoops, so i am guessing IF anyone was to go to the forks its big 4x4 to get in now.

BeeGuy
05-16-2013, 07:27 PM
hahahahaha doh!

Hope they get nailed with the environmental fines.

rielbowhunter
05-16-2013, 08:24 PM
I don't think anyone should be allowed to leave trailers in the bush or on a island, with out being there for more than 24 hours, with out it getting fined or towed . I saw trailers in the bush this spring that have been there all winter. crown land is for everyone to use, not squatters. why should they get that spot all year? just my two cents

Wes_G
05-16-2013, 08:34 PM
I don't think anyone should be allowed to leave trailers in the bush or on a island, with out being there for more than 24 hours, with out it getting fined or towed . I saw trailers in the bush this spring that have been there all winter. crown land is for everyone to use, not squatters. why should they get that spot all year? just my two cents

They dont. 14 day max stay... unfortunately its one of those rules that just isn't enforced.

pikergolf
05-16-2013, 08:37 PM

I agree, 15 days and it should become public property.

Dale S
05-16-2013, 08:51 PM

The government needs to come up with a user pay system, for camping on crown land. As long as the fees went to enforcing the rules. It would stop a lot of this proplem .

rielbowhunter
05-16-2013, 09:08 PM
The environment service officers will be writing a lot of tickets this weekend, because they feel like it. but next week they will still drive right bye these trailer that have been there for months. All they have to do is get out of there truck and Write tickets for this, not worry so much about BEER, side bye sides on quad trails, or one burnt out light or up to date plates.

WayneChristie
05-16-2013, 09:11 PM
just checked it out, water is up even further now, Dago our spot is as high as it was last July as of tonight, :sHa_shakeshout:
this is the road into the forks campground less than an hour ago
http://i787.photobucket.com/albums/yy156/rollinghillbilly/IMG507_zpsb27484aa.jpg (http://s787.photobucket.com/user/rollinghillbilly/media/IMG507_zpsb27484aa.jpg.html)
lots of people camping up along the river already, its going to get crowded