PDA

View Full Version : NSR from Anthony Henday bridges?

canamdon
05-16-2013, 05:34 PM
Hello....

Are there any ways down to the NSR from the bridges on the southwest area of Anthony Henday by Campbell Road?

Thanks in advance.

evileddie713
05-16-2013, 05:50 PM
Either way its a decent hike but in either direction on the henday as soon as you pass over the bridge there are areas to the right I have seen vehicles parked and assume they were fishing.

I have only parked and walked down on the north side of the river. Was late last year when the water was high. Didn't have any luck but it was murky and fast then.

evileddie713
05-16-2013, 05:51 PM
And I believe you mean terwillegar instead of Campbell.

Albertafisher
05-16-2013, 06:52 PM
The one at Terwillegar is really snaggy for all you bait-fishers. Tons of sunken trees, but there is a really deep hole there so if you're okay with loosing rigs, you'll have fun. As for the fly guys, its a fun spot to fish.

CanadianBadass
05-16-2013, 08:25 PM
you could just take the whitemud and go down to Whitemud creek mouth to the NSR, or walk around and fish under the Quenelle bridge. you can park at white mud park its called,

https://maps.google.ca/maps?q=whitemud+creek&hl=en&ll=53.504116,-113.562788&spn=0.004633,0.013819&hq=whitemud+creek&hnear=Edmonton,+Alberta&t=h&z=17

the mouth of the White mud creek always is good for me, Nice Walleye and Goldeye . I see lots of people there all the time, so get there early !

canamdon
05-16-2013, 09:30 PM
yes... thanks... I'm thinking just west/north of Terwilliger.

Thanks for the inputs..... I'll lend my reports if-when I have any.

honu
05-16-2013, 10:04 PM
We live just N of the Henday bridge near the Solicitor General Staff College, just a short 15 min hike down to the river (but longer hike up). If you take Riverbend Road off of Terwillegar, then left on Heath you will come to a bunch of power lines. Park there and there is a nice paved path that will take you down towards the river, and ultimately under the Henday bridge (there is a pedestrian bridge under the Henday bridge). There are a few trails that lead to the river, later in the year it gets really overgrown in areas.

We have had some luck (have not been down yet this year), and like it as it is very convenient. I have been wanting to check out access south of the bridge in the new neighborhood. I know you can get right close to the river at the River Ridge Golf course but ave not fished there yet.