PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon lake

deanna
05-18-2013, 06:53 AM
Has anyone been out yet ?

JohnnyD
05-18-2013, 08:04 AM
You bet! Water is about 51F which is wamer than last years 43F. It has been glass calm and making for harder fishing. I have yet to locate a big school of fish for some steady action. Id say the minnow spawn just ended. Based on the fact that the sonar shows alot of bait in the shallows.

I have tried lots of spots of the lake. Bay of Mulhurst, point off the Park, point off Grandview, flats down by the rock island, and trolled in Poplar Bay. Mostly been pulling harness' tipped with either minnows or a rubber worm. I get fish everywhere in small numbers of 2-3. Im switching colors and speed often but haven't found any concrete patterns yet. Hopefully I can put a pattern together today and figure somethig out! Fish are averaging 52 cm and looking skinny from the post spawn. Thermocline is at 15 ft.

Hope that helps. Update us on your success if you get out!

deanna
05-18-2013, 08:47 AM
Thanx JonnyD, Probalbly won't get out for 10 days but will post how we made out

Walleye101
05-18-2013, 09:06 AM
Try Lindy rig's with leeches. Tis the season!

-JR-
05-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Normaly walleye at Pigeon really does not turn on until July for catching large number. June normaly is a 20 fish per day

Mayhem
05-18-2013, 04:52 PM
Try Lindy rig's with leeches. Tis the season!

Where did you find leaches? TFH doesn't have any yet, said they probably won't have any til beginning of June. Guess Gulp will have to do.

Will be out there tomorrow.

EZM
05-19-2013, 02:54 PM
Anyone launched at the provincial park? just curious about the water levels (it was brutally shallow a few years ago and a prop killer).

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-19-2013, 10:28 PM
Thinking I'm gonna hit pigeon next weekend into Tuesday my buddy invited me to his cabin for a few days as our long weekends are spent working but wants no get into some walleyes . I've been hearing that the waters up from what it's been past few may longs ? Is that the story , ill have to launch at prov park to get o is place then swing around to get my truck .

Bound2Fish
05-20-2013, 10:25 AM
Went to Pigeon yesterday. In about 6 hours of fishing we managed 21 walleye and 4 pike. Water temp was about 53 degrees and all the fish were in the 2-3lb range and seemed to be hitting jigs and minnows over the lindy rigs.

JohnnyD
05-20-2013, 10:34 AM
Water level is definitely up. Plus the ice on the south shore has scraped the bottom out quite nice, making the shore line deeper. The permanent pier at the park is lacking some tires so make sure to bring your boat bumpers.

Jigs and minnows were definitely the ticket. Hate to say it but the point off the provincial park has been producing the best action compared to other spots I have fished. I just hate sitting in the flotilla of boats, but it will have to do for now. Didn't seem to matter if you jigged or deadsticked, the walleye would be by to take you bait. When the chop is on the water the fishing has been better than when the water goes glass calm. Shallows have produced at sunset!

dragon
05-22-2013, 09:18 PM
Fished my usual spot on the weekend. Caught one walleye on a red devil. Watched several other walleye try and steal it out of the guys mouth.

All in all the walleyed were sparse but we landed a boat load of pike. All pike were surprisingly on the fat side.