PDA

View Full Version : Jason Tucker

BigA
07-28-2008, 03:44 PM
Not sure if anyone here is an Eskimo Fan (I'm not - go Riders) but I want to let everyone know of a thread for people to giver their best wished to Jason Tucker.

For those that don't know, Tucker is an Edmonton Eskimo Receiver (and one of the best in the league) who suffered a broken neck while playing on friday night. He had successful surgery and is currently recovering.

Here is the link:

http://www.esks.com/ca/forum/forum.asp?FORUM_ID=9

Best of luck and a speedy recovery Jason!

WCTHEMI
07-28-2008, 03:57 PM
Thanks for posting the link. Watched that game on Friday night, was a very scary situation. I love the Esk's, but hate that stupid Oompa-Loompa behind the bench.

Waxy
07-28-2008, 04:03 PM
I hate seeing guys get hurt like that. I wish him full and speedy recovery.

As Rider fans, we should be sending our best wishes to Fantuz, his injury looked ugly, and Durant. I think both their seasons ended last night.

The CFL really needs to crack down on these hits leading with the helmet like the NFL has done, they've put several big name players out for the season.

Waxy

BigA
07-28-2008, 04:21 PM
I hate seeing guys get hurt like that. I wish him full and speedy recovery.

As Rider fans, we should be sending our best wishes to Fantuz, his injury looked ugly, and Durant. I think both their seasons ended last night.

The CFL really needs to crack down on these hits leading with the helmet like the NFL has done, they've put several big name players out for the season.

Waxy

I do wish the best for our guys who got injured last night, and hope they make speedy recoveries as well. Durant should be back, diagnosis on him is cracked ribs - out 3-4 weeks. Fantuz might not be so lucky this season. He fractured his fibula (Same as Fred Perry) and will be out 6-10 weeks I hear.

Unfortunately Tucker's injury may be career ending. A big loss for all football fans.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-28-2008, 08:46 PM
This is a very very sad and scary reminder. I myself played 8 years of football . I suffered many bumps and bruises and one game my grade 11 year , I made a hit on the quarter back and I was out . I regain consciousness to the paramedics wheeling me into the ambulance.To this day Ive never been so scared they had me strapped to a back board neck brace the whole 9 yards . Lights and sirens to the hospital . I remember hearing that annoying sound ,I wanted it to shut up the pain in my head . I ended up compressing the vertebrae in my neck . I was done for the season. I didnt know if id ever play nore walk again I was so scared. So i spent a few days in Hospital , and after all the tests and physio and such I got to go home . I was on the sidelines the rest of that season , and we were a good team. So I know first hand what any football player has gone threw the scare the pain , the thoughts rolling threw your head what if what if . To this day I still have horrible pain in my neck . Glad to see that Jason Tucker was able to successfully made it threw his surgery and with in a few days they will have him walking around . And most of all get him home to his family so he can recover. Its about time football leagues of any age range need to look at leading with your head . The offender should be suspended , and pray that the hit ee is able to walk again , But it doesn't take much to be stuck in a wheel chair with a good pop to the top of your head. I value my life so much more after having that happen to me. My best wishes go out to him and hope he has a full recovery and see him on the field next year.

AB2506
07-29-2008, 11:54 AM
I hope that Jason fully recovers, but having gone through a severe spinal injury myself, I doubt that he will play professional football again. If he does, I think he is gambling with his life and is being very foolish. I wish him well.

Walleyes
07-29-2008, 12:16 PM
One of the best to play the game,, it was a pleasure to watch him play the game. He and Ray were an awsome one two punch.. I truly hope he has a full recovery and you never know he may play again, very doubtfull at his age but you never know...