PDA

View Full Version : help...looking for a hot spot

marty
07-28-2008, 05:59 PM
got my camper ready, as well as a 12' aluminum with a trolling motor. now i just need a good lake to go to. can anyone pm me and let me know where there's some good fishing within 3 hours of edmonton. preferably somewhere with a campground. i just did swan lake by rocky as well as mary & gregg by hinton and they were both terrable. any advice would be very appreciated.

Chironomid
07-28-2008, 06:48 PM
Why don't you try Touchwood Lake. I fished there a couple times, great fishing.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-28-2008, 08:21 PM
Go North . Try such lakes as Long Lake , they got a nice campground at the Prov park . Also you could try North Buck Lake , there use to be a deasent campground there Havent fished or been there in a few years. Or you could check out hummm Skelliton lake is around all 3 of those good perch fishing in the narrows. I guess it all depends in what you wanna fish for , Give us some more info and Ill pull out my book of lakes.

bobalong
07-28-2008, 08:51 PM
If you are looking for trout, Carson by Whitecourt is pretty hard to beat. Fish are not that big on average but there is lots of them.
Walleye or Pike try Moose,Pinehurst,Marie, Calling,Pigeon, Isle, Lac St. Anne

marty
07-28-2008, 09:19 PM
i was thinking about carson but i'm looking for something more private and secluded like swan lake by rocky mountain house. something were ther aren't too many people and the fishing is pretty good. i don't care what kind of fish there are, i just like to fish. and as for the campground the more rustic the better. i was just at watson creek campground which is by mary & gregg lake which was really dead the day i went. i know fickle lake was right by but i didn't get a chance to check it out so i don't know if that's worth going to.

07-28-2008, 09:23 PM
i was thinking about carson but i'm looking for something more private and secluded like swan lake by rocky mountain house. something were ther aren't too many people and the fishing is pretty good. i don't care what kind of fish there are, i just like to fish. and as for the campground the more rustic the better. i was just at watson creek campground which is by mary & gregg lake which was really dead the day i went. i know fickle lake was right by but i didn't get a chance to check it out so i don't know if that's worth going to.

Oh man Ive got the place for you . Beaverhills lake . Rustic as all hell , the campgrounds free , Just dont chase the cattle cus youll get shot , and uh its a great time theres some huge pike in there , lakes come down quite a bit but its deasent.

marty
07-28-2008, 09:35 PM
where's that? i don't see it in the fishing guide. is it a smaller lake? that's what i'm also looking for since i'm using my aluminum and trolling motor.

packhuntr
07-28-2008, 09:58 PM
Are you talking about Beaverhill just outside Tofield there BBJ??? That lake hasnt come down some,,, its nearly DRY!! Used to be some good fishing there years ago i hear.

07-28-2008, 10:06 PM
Are you talking about Beaverhill just outside Tofield there BBJ??? That lake hasnt come down some,,, its nearly DRY!! Used to be some good fishing there years ago i hear.

Yeah I know lmao We call it goose shat pond , but there are fish in there we ice fished there in the winter . It is pretty well dried up but since there moving that coal mine project in there there going to pump I forget how many 100's of thousands of millions of gallons of water pumping it from the North sask river to fill it up and keep it maintained . MY buddy's gf owns a bunch of land and farms her back yard is beaverhills lake. She said from where the campground use to be use to be water about 20 yards out and that was only about 15 years ago .

Marty I was teasing about beaverhills lake . Its a giant pike slew . And good luck launching a boat all that soft mud crap that stinks like dead bodies you get stuck in very very easy . here's a little proof .

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/untiled2.jpg
http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/untitled1.jpg

Jester
07-28-2008, 10:44 PM
as well as mary & gregg by hinton and they were both terrable. .

I'm a little confused here.There is a Mary Gregg lake on hyw #40 south and a Gregg lake on hwy #40 north.Are those the lakes that you mean? If so then yes they can be slow.

There is always Wildhorse for rainbows and Kinky is just next door for Brookies,or if you prefer a remote lake try Petite lake,it's in the guide.:)