PDA

View Full Version : Lessor slave vs Wabasca

remmy300
05-21-2013, 11:03 PM
I'm looking for some feedback as a few friends are getting together June 6-9th and taking our kids fishing as a group for the first time. This used to be the boys weekend to Flin Flon area prior to wives and kids. With limited time we decided to either try lessor slave or wabasca. One concern with slave is the wind and waves and having our kids out in the spring conditions. Part of our group has either fished slave or wabasca.

I'm just looking for opinions on what would be more of a kid friendly trip. Of course we want to catch lots of fish to try and keep the kids attention. Myself, I've never fished either so any info or tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Shmag
05-21-2013, 11:52 PM
I can't help you much with wabby as I don't fish it often enough.

But with slave, although a pretty good fishery quantity wise this time of year can be a bit slow on the EAST end, but the fish will be slowly coming to the east.

This time of year and shortest drive I would probably recommend the faust bay area...roughly mid ways in the west basin of slave. Should be good fishing in the bay area, strawberry creek is close and you are behind a big point if the winds kick up. Driftpile point also produces some good fish. Right time of year is not too bad for perch in the bay as well. Campsite has a little marina that is protected from the winds...not 100% certain of the name of the campsite...pretty sure its called the bayshore resort

remmy300
05-22-2013, 10:54 AM
Thanks for the info shmag!