PDA

View Full Version : Trout fishing spots

600_Nitro_Express
07-29-2008, 06:38 AM
Hi everybody. I'm planning on a move to Edmonton this fall and will be looking for new lakes for trout fishing. I have a small twelve foot Crestliner with a 15 HP Merc so I can't get into too big of water but with the mountains nearby, I'm thinking that there must be smaller lakes with excellent trout fishing.

If anybody can help me out here, much appreciated. Thanks again and I'm VERY excited about setting up shop in Alberta - can't wait!

Tim

tonyflyfish
07-29-2008, 09:46 AM
There are lots of lakes in this area but maybe not as nice as what you are used to-where are you coming from?
Lots do not allow gas motors though. For gas the first one that comes to mind is Carson Lake near Whitecourt. Lots of little ones, great campground also.

Tony

skykomish sunrise
07-29-2008, 03:19 PM
there are lots of beauty pot holes around here with some good sized trout but bring the electric as well cuz many of the lakes with big fish dont allow gas motors

troutpirate
07-30-2008, 02:12 AM
ditch the gas. get an electric motor. the best trout lakes west of edmonton(hinton-edson area) r electric only. except, for obed lake.
you will not do well for trout with a gas motor on obed, u can sure clean-up on perch beside any weed bed close to "the channel" there.