PDA

View Full Version : Personal watercraft

rottik9
05-22-2013, 08:19 AM
I am thinking of trying a 3 seater for fishing...anyone on this form used one for fishing? I am thinking of gearing it with a mount for a electric trolling motor ?

Ken07AOVette
05-22-2013, 08:32 AM
I am thinking of trying a 3 seater for fishing...anyone on this form used one for fishing? I am thinking of gearing it with a mount for a electric trolling motor ?

I have had a seadoo and a tiger shark. I would rather fish off the dock, in a tin boat, or stay home if I had to use a pwc.

mach123
05-22-2013, 08:42 AM
X2 on using boat, I had a pwc and was ok and fun for fishing but would never use one now for it, need room for tackle box, rods, lunch etc. I'll stay home also.......good luck

Donkey Oatey
05-22-2013, 08:54 AM
I would think a pwc would be way to tippy to be used for fishing. Also very cramped quarters and very hard to move around.

Sorry but good luck trying, I wouldn't even attempt it. Wrong tool for that job me thinks.

Selkirk
05-22-2013, 12:05 PM

I can't say that I've ever tried it ^, but it almost sounds like trying to go hunting with a sports car. :confused0024:

Maybe an '8 seater' would work better . . .

http://www.instablogsimages.com/images/2008/02/21/waveboat_48.jpg

TF ;)

cube
05-23-2013, 09:40 AM

If guys can make belly boats, small pontoons, and kayaks work I’m sure you can make a 3 seat pwc work as well. I think you should be able to get to some awesome spots with it. Just google sea doo fishing, seems like lots of info out their already such as
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIh-2Pk8MxU

http://www.youtube.com/user/jetskifishingchannel?feature=watch

Post some pics when your done.

Good luck

ETOWNCANUCK
05-23-2013, 10:52 AM
Rednecks will try anything once...good luck

AppleJax
05-23-2013, 03:44 PM
Fished off my 2 seater a few times...caught fish:)

new LT
05-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Have known a few guy that fish from PWC in big waters and have no problems at all. There is a few clubs out there I would not hesitate to try it.

dragon
05-23-2013, 10:24 PM
Pretty easy to get thrown off balance and end up in the drink. IMO not worth that risk but if its all yah got I won't judge.

new LT
05-23-2013, 11:33 PM
Pretty easy to get thrown off balance and end up in the drink. IMO not worth that risk but if its all yah got I won't judge.

Can't see it as bad as standing in. 12ft tinny.

dragon
05-24-2013, 07:11 AM
Can't see it as bad as standing in. 12ft tinny.

I can not really comment to that as it has been a while since I have been in a 12 ft Tinny. I would bet though that a 6ft seadoo is quite a bit worse than a 12 ft tinny.
I would also comment that if you are tying a hook on and all of a sudden some waves sneak up on you or you are prone to butter fingers you may lose more gear than in a boat. There simply isn't the bowl like containment. its' more like straddling a mountain peak.

The potential to lose a lot of gear is higher as well.... although that would mean you get to go shopping!

new LT
05-24-2013, 08:02 AM
I do like the idea of shopping more......lol
I know the seadoo will handle a lot more waves then a tinny and they don't sink HMMMM...I think i just talked myself into my next buy. Been thinking of something small for just going myself don't need to take the bigger boat.
Should be great for the river too........i'm sold time to shop.