PDA

View Full Version : Sturgeon On the NSR

CanadianBadass
05-22-2013, 12:03 PM
Hey guys, Just wanted to share some updates on the river

Saturday Night: Went out after work, Set up on the east side by 6pm , left around 2:30 Am , Managed to pull out everything but a sturgeon,

Suckers, Walleyes, Goldeyes, And the most shocking of the evening was A Rocky Mountain White, Really nice size as well,

Sunday Morning: Went back to the same spot for 5 am, Managed to hook into a sturgeon, unfortuantly my rig broke right after it jumped, Stayed till 12 Pm

Suckers, Walleye, Goldeyes, And 1 lost sturgeon :mad3:

Monday Morning : Went back out for 4 Am with my son, Managed to catch 10 fish in the AM, EvilEddie Came out and set up right besside me, he dropped his hook and had a beauty sturgeon on immediatly, 48" L x 20" Girth. It was a nice one. I had a friend come join me for a bit, His 5 year old daughter managed to hook into another RMW which had shocked me again. Those Rockys are almost as rare as a sturgeon lol ..

Anyways, Fiqured i would update how my weekend went !

waterninja
05-22-2013, 01:49 PM
thanks for the update. seems like a lot of sturgeon being caught this year on the nsr. i rarely (never) fish the nsr in the early morning but might have to try it as thats seems to be the prime time (plus less of the annoying winds that wev'e been cursed with lately). congrats.