PDA

View Full Version : May long weekend fun

aulrich
05-22-2013, 12:49 PM
As is normal we were out opening the cabin (Dore Lake) for the season. But what was not normal was the iced over lake Every thing but one of the main bays. So the normal fishing was not an option. Which turned out to be a good thing, we finally had a chance to fish a local stocked trout lake and Lake "S" is a surprising little gem. We also found a fish able creek loaded with pike that seemed to be finished up spawning. They were hitting so good that we even caught them on naked jigs (I got it on video, just figuring out how to post on youtube)

So as rumor has it the trout go deep as it warms up so now I am looking for hints on how to fish them the next time out. this time we just trolled small spinners.

Fishnafterwork
05-22-2013, 01:01 PM
Wow beautiful dark coloring ... Nicely done

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-22-2013, 01:12 PM
that's sweet rainbow hole some dandy fish right there thanks for sharing

waterninja
05-22-2013, 01:35 PM
those are some very nice trout. a stocked lake you say? glad that it didn't winterkill as those trout are definatly a few years old. congrats.

aulrich
05-22-2013, 02:29 PM
Yup the lake is a gem too far out of the way to get fished out, and almost 60 feet deep in spots so no winter kill, but still lots of 10-15' fish factory depth.

I am coming to the opinion that any fertile stock trout lake capable wintering fish should have size restrictions to grow bigger fish. Those fish were fun to tangle with and the ones we took tasted way better than fish straight from the farm.

Alberta Bigbore
05-22-2013, 05:33 PM
Congrats on those fish!