PDA

View Full Version : X-Rap

BigA
07-29-2008, 02:08 PM
Hey everyone

I bought one of the new X-Raps today and am looking forward to using it this weekend while I am in hinton for some nice Browns and Bulls.

The model I bought is XR-8 in Purple Gold. Does anyone have any experience with the X-Rap? Tip's on technique when using it? Same as a standard rapala? Couple of tugs, and then reel in the slack? Will it work for trout this weekend?

Thanks for the help.

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
07-29-2008, 04:02 PM
I like to pop them , let them settle down and pop it agian and while theres slack line reel the slack line in until its tight agian and just keep popping it . Thats how I work all my plugs , and jointed plugs. Or just troll them .

tbosch
07-29-2008, 08:03 PM
I like to pop them , let them settle down and pop it agian and while theres slack line reel the slack line in until its tight agian and just keep popping it . Thats how I work all my plugs , and jointed plugs. Or just troll them .

X2. They work great for walleye and pike. I've caught many a large walleye when the water is muddy and fast with the ol x-rap. I also caught a few nice rainbows in the shushwaps trolling them.