PDA

View Full Version : perfect night for hunting

waterninja
05-24-2013, 04:16 PM
with all the rain were getting today, tonight should be a perfect night for hunting dew worms. anyone else going to give it a try?

more fun after a few cold ones. lol

BeeGuy
05-24-2013, 04:53 PM
morinlikely

schmedlap
05-24-2013, 06:24 PM
There's 2 dandies crawling around my cement front walk right now - going in the wrong direction. Feel free to drop by and introduce them to a nice bucket of their buddies.

EZM
05-24-2013, 07:38 PM
There's 2 dandies crawling around my cement front walk right now - going in the wrong direction. Feel free to drop by and introduce them to a nice bucket of their buddies.

Yes introduce them to the bucket ..... then ........ later to be introduced to a nice FAT walleye ......

waterninja
05-24-2013, 08:55 PM
my 3 yr. old grandson and i managed to land about 2 dozen big fat ones this afternoon

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
05-24-2013, 09:02 PM
my 3 yr. old grandson and i managed to land about 2 dozen big fat ones this afternoon

I managed a lot more then that with minimal effort lmao

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii122/JOHN_CONROY/e97022d6c236371bb86b1547f7115b41_zps689e683b.jpg

Zip-in-Z
05-24-2013, 09:14 PM
Waterninja http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ninja.gif ..... when I was livin in WPG on a rainy night like tonight, we use to go out around 10:00 p.m. to a City park on Henderson Hwy or the Leg. grounds (it was safe back then) and bring home over 1/2 an ice cream pail of crawlers after an hour of pickin. You had to be quick and a good flash light with spare batteries was a must. There were some rainy but warm nights during the summer were they were stuck together mating or something & you got 2 for 1 if you were careful. Also remember having to sort through them after a day or so, any that were injured or missing pieces would die & they contaminated my worm farm. Had a dedicated fridge in the garage just for my bait & a few cold one's, too!

If you venture out tonight, wish you all the luck worm huntin, and I'd recommend at least 2 Advil for the backache tomorrow morning.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/hi.gif

Zip-Z

waterninja
05-25-2013, 04:17 AM
thanks for the reply zip. this is my second season of worm harvesting and your suggestions are appreciated and i could even add a few. last year the worms from spring lasted late into the winter on my "worm farm"

best advice of all is proper bending or crouching cause if not you'll definatly feel it the next day.

Eddy62
05-25-2013, 05:53 AM
when I was a kid me and my brothers would go to Dundurn Castle in Hamilton and pick hundreds off worms, They were everywhere.
When I manage to get out to my property in sicamous I might get a few out off my garden but I am not as fast as I used to be to grab them.

omega50
05-25-2013, 06:07 AM
I was helping my Mother-in-law clean out her garage and found a weird looking battery terminal connection with 2 spikes on it like anodes.It was hanging on the wall.

When I asked about it she told me that her departed Hungarian electrician husband was an avid fisherman and it was his worm collection system :)

omega50
05-25-2013, 06:35 AM
Waterninja http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/ninja.gif ..... when I was livin in WPG on a rainy night like tonight, we use to go out around 10:00 p.m. to a City park on Henderson Hwy or the Leg. grounds (it was safe back then) and bring home over 1/2 an ice cream pail of crawlers after an hour of pickin. You had to be quick and a good flash light with spare batteries was a must. There were some rainy but warm nights during the summer were they were stuck together mating or something & you got 2 for 1 if you were careful. Also remember having to sort through them after a day or so, any that were injured or missing pieces would die & they contaminated my worm farm. Had a dedicated fridge in the garage just for my bait & a few cold one's, too!

If you venture out tonight, wish you all the luck worm huntin, and I'd recommend at least 2 Advil for the backache tomorrow morning.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/hi.gif

Zip-Z

Must be a Wpg thing.
I was raised in the hood( Fort Rouge)) and we went to McKittrick Park to get worms.Dad had us kids rake/bag leaves and carry them to the park and pile them in a few select locations.He would dump a tin of spent coffee grounds on top. Then on rainy nights we would turn the leaves over with a spade and grab handfuls of nightcrawlers

chriscosta
05-25-2013, 04:59 PM
anyone wanna share a good spot in edmonton to find em ill head out tonight after dark if so i just dont really wanna walk around for hrs to find a spot lol if not ill wait till i go to the lake

CNP
05-25-2013, 06:04 PM
anyone wanna share a good spot in edmonton to find em ill head out tonight after dark if so i just dont really wanna walk around for hrs to find a spot lol if not ill wait till i go to the lake

The best lawns will produce the most worms. The leg grounds should be great......behind the leg in the park. Golf courses.

YeeHaw
05-25-2013, 10:27 PM
Any luck finding them Ninja?

HunterDave
05-25-2013, 11:42 PM
:sign0087: Reminds me of when I was a kid putting the sprinkler out to catch worms to fish with. Thanks for the memories.

waterninja
05-26-2013, 04:16 AM
Any luck finding them Ninja?
not exaggerating when i say i put 10 dozen into there new home in the worm farm (located in a small fridge used exclusively for them)