PDA

View Full Version : Chickakoo Lake

Rikkles Fisher
05-24-2013, 05:41 PM
I was just curious if anyone knew if they stocked brook trout in there this year? I can only see that they stocked rainbows but last year they stocked brook trout. Thanks!

BGSH
05-24-2013, 05:44 PM
I was just curious if anyone knew if they stocked brook trout in there this year? I can only see that they stocked rainbows but last year they stocked brook trout. Thanks!

No brookies, just bows

Rikkles Fisher
05-24-2013, 05:49 PM
That's too bad! Why did they stop stocking them?

fishman
05-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Because they think most people would rather fish bows cause they cant catch the brookies.....less and less lakes have brookies.....they r looking at the majority of people instead of having some variety it really sucks..........wish they would open thier eyes

Rikkles Fisher
05-24-2013, 06:06 PM
I agree, where's a decent trout pond near edmonton where it has some protection from the wind and the fish don't actually die every winter? Looking to get some decent sized trout in the rain tomorrow!

Red Bullets
05-24-2013, 09:30 PM
Spring lake would be my choice for nice size trout and even some perch. Accessing the lake is limited as it has developed shoreline. I never heard of any winter kill so there should be a few bigger fish.