PDA

View Full Version : Love the new technology!

Nova
05-27-2013, 12:08 PM
Finally got the new boat out on the water last week and again for a second run yesterday afternoon. Took my dad along both times, it was his first time fishing in probably 6 years or more. My new setup is a huge upgrade over what we've fished out of in the past (16' tri-hull and 12/14' aluminums), and it just blows my mind how stress free fishing can be. EFI fourstroke, just turn the key and it starts immediately. No battling to keep it running, no clouds of exhaust smoke, and quiet as can be. Found a spot with calm water and saved the first pass to the ipilot and made 4 more passes with the only intervention being reducing the speed when one of us had a fish. Ipilot keeps us on track, no concerns of drifting. HDS7 and structure scan, well that pretty much speaks for itself. Even the new Scatter Rap got my attention. My dad was outfishing me pretty badly running a Mepps spinner thats older than I am while I was using my go to bottom bouncer and walleye spinner that only got me a couple small pike. Got tired of that and put the Perch Scatter Rap Shad on and surpassed him in no time. Having a livewell is nice too, no battling with a bunch of fish on a stringer. And a bunk trailer with load guides...talk about easy.

Dad had catch of the day, 27.25" walleye that weighed in just shy of 7 pounds (biggest he's caught). Mine was a 23.25" walleye, which is still a (rather sad) personal best. We both had another that were right around 21" as well as I think 4 pike each. I had a pike shake free at the boat, looked to be in the 8-10 pound range.

Really looking forward to a lot more of this!

huntsfurfish
05-27-2013, 12:12 PM
Good for u and Dad. Well done.:)

rielbowhunter
05-27-2013, 07:55 PM
glad to here you enjoy your new boat

BeeGuy
05-27-2013, 08:03 PM
Sounds luxurious!

EZM
05-27-2013, 09:33 PM
Technology is KING ...... I set my new rig up with a Terrova 80 lb 24v i-pilot LINK troller and Three Humminbird head units, after making a run to set my trolling path ............I sat my big fat butt down in the seat and let her take us for a ride right along the drop offs, around a point, and back to the other side ....... record a track and you are good to go.

My god ........... it is the best thing ever ........ keeps you on target, at target speed and compensates for wind or current ................. omg .....

More time for fighting fish and working your cranks.

Catch rates went way up - and I fired Stevie Wonder my boat captain.

thorne
05-28-2013, 10:09 AM
Yep warning about tech......its adictive and pricey!! I am a total junkie....mind you I have been able to restrain myslef a bit better the past year.....I am not sure it makes me a better or more productive fisherman, but it sure gives me lots to play with when the fish are not biting!!

ptemomo
05-28-2013, 12:59 PM
Same here. Just upgraded my old tri-hull to a new Lund Crossover. Wow, what a difference. I just need to learn all the shinny stuff. Im overwhelmed with my Hummingbird 798, im used to my old Piranha 150 lol

waterninja
05-28-2013, 01:48 PM
congrats on your new boat. hope it gives you many years of troublefree enjoyment.