PDA

View Full Version : Long Lake Fishing

Fishing_Junkie88
05-28-2013, 09:26 AM
Hey Im wondering if anyone here has any info on Long Lake (northeast of Edmonton)?? going camping in July there and was wondering if its worth it to throw a rod in? What species does the lake hold (if any?!)? Thanks for your guys input

chriscosta
05-28-2013, 09:28 AM
it is full of stunted pike youd be lucky as hell to find a keeper walleye are descent sized but ya need a tag ive got some good burbot in the winter and if you can come across the perch and they are biting ive got some real gooders there

Fishing_Junkie88
05-28-2013, 09:34 AM
it is full of stunted pike youd be lucky as hell to find a keeper walleye are descent sized but ya need a tag ive got some good burbot in the winter and if you can come across the perch and they are biting ive got some real gooders there

awesome thanks for the info chris, ill probably bring some gear along than of course!! hows the shore fishing there (if you know?)??

chriscosta
05-28-2013, 10:01 AM
there is a road that goes along side the lake im sure you could find a spot bring some minnows id say as well

italk2u
05-28-2013, 01:54 PM
looking forward to blowing off my Class B tags this Friday. Any recent updates?

Remi3006
05-28-2013, 02:58 PM
LOTS of small pike!

Fishing_Junkie88
05-28-2013, 03:08 PM
how small were the pike?? any keeper sizes gettin pulled out of there??

LeonH
05-28-2013, 04:33 PM
how small were the pike?? any keeper sizes gettin pulled out of there??

I have been camping there quite a bit every summer (6-8 camping trips per year with some for over a week at the time). I have yet to catch a keeper pike size and I have landed hundreds of pike over the years. this is fishing all over the lake from my boat.

Fun lake to fish on but do not depend on it for food as you might go hungry.

Leon

Fishing_Junkie88
05-28-2013, 09:15 PM
I have been camping there quite a bit every summer (6-8 camping trips per year with some for over a week at the time). I have yet to catch a keeper pike size and I have landed hundreds of pike over the years. this is fishing all over the lake from my boat.

Fun lake to fish on but do not depend on it for food as you might go hungry.

Leon

Lol thanks for the heads up ill bring extra food than :P

bushcrafter
05-29-2013, 02:48 AM
I caught some real nice perch there a few years ago. Took the dog out for a boat ride really early cuz she wouldn't stop barking at 5 am. Caught them at the south end of the lake just before it narrows down. I used a pickeral rig with bits of worm. The lake gets a lot of boat traffic during the day and I think that puts the perch off the bite.

Kim473
05-29-2013, 05:07 AM
Lots of walleye in there. Make sure you have all the proper safety equipment in your boat and stay legal as F&W will be out there foresure. Never been there without seeing or beeing checked at least once a day.

thorne
05-29-2013, 01:58 PM
I caught some real nice perch there a few years ago. Took the dog out for a boat ride really early cuz she wouldn't stop barking at 5 am. Caught them at the south end of the lake just before it narrows down. I used a pickeral rig with bits of worm. The lake gets a lot of boat traffic during the day and I think that puts the perch off the bite.

most likely on the east side eh! really good summer pearch and walleye fishing there...and all the ski boats do set them off along with the warming afternoon sun.