PDA

View Full Version : Abraham Lake fishing?

Frans
07-30-2008, 07:42 PM
Well, it looks like we'll be camping out at Abraham Lake next week mon-sat.
Finally some time off, leaving the Blackberry at home, despite repeated not-so-subbtle hints by my boss. Sitting around the fire, hiking up a mountain or two, and floating on the lake. Suppose a fellar took a fishing pole... what would he be catching? I'm kinda fond of fly fishing, when I fish, but I'm not particular...

Frans

Wazzy
07-30-2008, 08:40 PM
I just got back from Abraham Lake and although it was a camping/hiking trip, I managed to sneak away for a little fly fishing. The only place I tried is where the Cline River enters the lake and the small bull trout were quite plentiful. Nothing big, but good fun on the flyrod! I have fished in the past where allstones creek enters which is also a good spot for bulls and rainbows but you have to get there early to beat the cliff jumpers...Good Luck,

Wazzy

Chironomid
07-30-2008, 09:20 PM
I've fished the same two spots as wazzy, caught rockies, small bulls, not a rainbow yet, and also lakers further up the cline.

Frans
07-30-2008, 10:31 PM
Thanks guys... better go buy me a license, and see if the mice haven't eaten my line.

Frans

troutpirate
07-30-2008, 11:01 PM
abraham l. is a very poor fishery. the water leveles in the lake flucuate, as it is used for genarating electricity. try the inlets if anything. better yet hike in to landslide lk. the cutties r very aggressive and average a good size.

Chironomid
07-31-2008, 08:35 AM
If you hike into Landslide take a dinghy or float tube, it helps. Going up at the end of August.

Frans
08-04-2008, 08:42 AM
The hike into Landslide Lake looks nice... might just do that if I can get my lazy behind in gear.

Last time I hiked into a high lake, something brown and furry seemed the trick to lure cutthroats out from behind the logs... I wonder if I still have some... I admit to being completely unprepared. ;-)

Thanks for the advice. It's time to start loading gear into the truck.

Frans