PDA

View Full Version : fishing was fantastic today

Gust
05-28-2013, 09:00 PM
no time to pour a coffee and just sit,, and a stunning beautiful, windless day,, a 95cm (released) a couple of 65cm's for the pan and all other scrappers released.

Then the sky changed, then the wind picked up, then the lightning and thunder, then more wind, and the bite completely stopped. Would have camped but thought better of it.

PlayDoh
05-28-2013, 09:07 PM
Where was this?

bwackwabbit
05-28-2013, 09:11 PM
Agreed, lake was like glass until 2pm then the sky and water turned angry.
Had the lake to myself this morning, save for the monsters in my net.
Had a 17.5# hen and 3 of her friends (one close to her twin).

Great day.

Gust
05-28-2013, 09:11 PM
keho

Gust
05-28-2013, 09:15 PM
actually the last 3 time out fishing has been super fun. Realised I forgot the flyrod and icefishing tent halfway to my destination. Had I had the tent I'd still be there.

Tent for rain and gear and cooking, as I slum it in a minivan. Really comfortable though.

ETOWNCANUCK
05-29-2013, 12:12 AM
You've always got time for Tim Horton's

Gust
05-29-2013, 01:50 PM
You've always got time for Tim Horton's

Had tarwater instead (a brutal overbrewed coffee my dad makes) and had there been a tims within a stones throw, I still would've clenched my teeth after every grueling sip of his coffee.

Keho has possibly the best Pike as tablefare for any S. Alberta lake/rez I have experienced. Just cooked up (without dressing/batter/crisp) a few fillets and am always stunned at it's taste. Cant wait to get my first burb from there (which I was hoping would have been last night).

Any Keho Pike eaters on AO? Thoughts?

I think it is because it's on a cleaner and shorter run of irrigation canals as say MacGregor/Travers/L.Bow/Badger/Lost.

Thoughts?

keep6matt
05-29-2013, 02:43 PM
Great pike recipe, makes it taste like lobster actually,,,,

- Cut pike into chunks after de-boning (yes including Y-Bone...see YouTube tutorials for quick lesson in Y bone removal)
- Get a pot of water to a boil add generous amounts of coarse salt aka pickling salt
-Throw pike meat into there and remove immediately after you see the white foam, usually a minute if that, this whitens the meat up plus takes any fishy smell outta the pike meat
-Get a frying pan, melt some garlic butter, saute some white chopped onions and throw the meat into there after its boiled as mentioned above.
-Sprinkle a bit of salt n pepper, lemon pepper and some dill weed and ENJOY!!!