PDA

View Full Version : Where oh where??

Ripper88
05-30-2013, 01:10 PM
So me and my spouse got posted to Edmonton and I have been spoiled with great walleye fishing in Manitoba. I am looking to plop my boat into some lakes near Edmonton and start getting back into the fishing world. I have been reading these forums for a bit and love hearing all the great support on these forums. I am looking for some lakes nearby that offer perch, pike and walleye, although I know I cant keep walleye from 99% of the places I go. If I have to catch and release that's fine but I'd like to keep some Jack or perch since that's as close to walleye as I will get here. :-S Thank you all for your time reading and all suggestions are appreciated. I'm looking to toss the boat on as soon as tomorrow so lakes and dock spots are greatly appreciated as well.

Fishgut
05-30-2013, 01:16 PM
:)Start by picking up Alberta Fishing Guide

pickrel pat
05-30-2013, 01:21 PM

Ya... Then he can head out to a possible winter killed lake.....that guide is for directions at best.

Ripper88
05-30-2013, 01:23 PM
I have looked over the AF guide, but I wanted some input from members who already fish these lakes and have some suggestions. I'm not a new fisherman, but I always seek advice where a book doesn't always provide. :)

Fishgut
05-30-2013, 01:30 PM
Ya... Then he can head out to a possible winter killed lake.....that guide is for directions at best.

Came from Manitoba might need directions, also tells what fish are in the lake. (if it hasn't winterkilled) Once he has picked some of the lakes he can get more info here.:)

toddjler
05-30-2013, 02:07 PM
id try gull, pigeon,and buck lake they are all about 1 to 1 1/2 hours south of edmonton

fishtank
05-30-2013, 02:28 PM
calling lake

Bound2Fish
05-30-2013, 03:26 PM
Make the drive to Slave.

kevinhits
05-30-2013, 07:27 PM

After your other rant on the general forum, I would not take any advice from you:bad_boys_20:

jaystev
05-30-2013, 07:40 PM
Pigeon, south buck, and battle lake are good walleye lakes, they also have perch and pike. Also for perch and pike try out cross or nakamun.

Zip-in-Z
05-30-2013, 07:59 PM
You won't find anything here like the Whiteshell, Pine Falls, Red by Lower Fort Garry or Dr. Reeds, or Sugar Island.

If your looking south I'm partial to Sylvan & Gull if your thinking north, try Slave & don't over look Wab.

http://www.golfwrx.com/forums/public/style_emoticons/default/hi.gif

Zip-Z

HunterDave
05-30-2013, 08:31 PM
Lac Lanonne for walleye and pike.

Nakamun for perch.

Ripper88
05-30-2013, 09:39 PM
Thank you all so much for the welcome to the forums and to Edmonton. I love hearing honest thoughts from all as to where good fishing is. I am sure I will try them all soon enough but its always nice to hear from avid fishermen who know the province better than myself. :sHa_shakeshout:

new LT
05-30-2013, 10:11 PM
Cold lake..Walleye,Perch,Pike and lakers 3 hrs away go one day fish stay over hit moose on way home

I-Love-Eyes
05-31-2013, 09:01 AM
Cold lake..Walleye,Perch,Pike and lakers 3 hrs away go one day fish stay over hit moose on way home

Hmmmmm.....I wouldn't want to hit a moose!:sHa_shakeshout: Maybe it should say this:

Hit Moose Lake on the way home.

Ripper88
05-31-2013, 05:40 PM
So I went to Pigeon lake and I must say it was the perfect day to go. Hammered the walleye good and a few jack. Hoping to maybe get some whitefish and perch to eat though sometime.

new LT
05-31-2013, 06:18 PM
Hmmmmm.....I wouldn't want to hit a moose!:sHa_shakeshout: Maybe it should say this:

Hit Moose Lake on the way home.

there's a moose lake?........................:)

Fishgut
05-31-2013, 07:58 PM
After your other rant on the general forum, I would not take any advice from you:bad_boys_20:

Well like I said on the general forum my opinion is MY OPINION and you won't change it. Our opinions don't mesh so unless this forum has a block other member on it, this is what you do when reading posts. Look in the top left corner as you are reading, you will see the name of the member. When you see fishgut what you do is skip that post because, I don't give rats behind if you read it or not.
Your opinion means sqat to me. :)

I think the laws should be stricter across the board, and i believe we should have the death penalty for some :) IMO

To the other people on this thread I apologize.

BeeGuy
05-31-2013, 08:44 PM
Yes there is a block other member function.

Go to your user control panel and find the ignore list.

Add a member to your ignore list, or several and then you wont have to read what they are posting.

If you are already familiar with the ignore function you may not be reading this.

Hal, no more excuses.

AppleJax
05-31-2013, 08:53 PM
Yes there is a block other member function.

Go to your user control panel and find the ignore list.

Add a member to your ignore list, or several and then you wont have to read what they are posting.

If you are already familiar with the ignore function you may not be reading this.

Hal, no more excuses.

I don't need the ignore function anymore. Mutter87 got himself booted off all on his own!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

BeeGuy
05-31-2013, 09:36 PM
I don't need the ignore function anymore. Mutter87 got himself booted off all on his own!:sHa_sarcasticlol:

They all come back under new names.

Score
Rocky
Tezma
And others

Same dog, new collar.

EZM
05-31-2013, 10:31 PM
Bee - how did the Bass Master Classic go for you? and pictures to share .....

BeeGuy
05-31-2013, 10:40 PM
Bee - how did the Bass Master Classic go for you? and pictures to share .....

Been rainin here like crazy, I'll post some fish once we go fishin...

Tuesday might be eyes and channel cats. new spot to test the new motor out, so we'll see how she goes

just_dave
05-31-2013, 11:48 PM
Any of you try Fawcett Lake?

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-01-2013, 12:14 AM
Rock Island , Moose , Slave , Gull , South buck , Pine , Pigeon , Wabamun , Long , Skeleton All good fishing for what you be wanting . Personally I woulda stayed in Manitoba and used Skype lol .