PDA

View Full Version : Is there anywhere good fishing near Calgary?

coyotezh
05-31-2013, 07:58 AM
I probabaly move to Calgary recently, but don't want to give up fishing.... :)

Winch101
05-31-2013, 08:12 AM
Bow river world class

Scott N
05-31-2013, 08:32 AM
As mentioned, the Bow is a fantastic fishery. There are a lot of good trout lakes in Kananaskis, and there are lakes going the other direction that have good pike and walleye fishing.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, a lot of the fishing opportunities in the area are catch and release only, so if you wanted to catch your dinner, you might be disappointed.

coyotezh
05-31-2013, 10:48 AM
As mentioned, the Bow is a fantastic fishery. There are a lot of good trout lakes in Kananaskis, and there are lakes going the other direction that have good pike and walleye fishing.

Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on how you look at it, a lot of the fishing opportunities in the area are catch and release only, so if you wanted to catch your dinner, you might be disappointed.

C & R is totally ok for me..Just checked the Ifish website, there are lots of stocking pond but barely a decent lake for wallies, pikes and perch like what around Edmonton. Anyone could give a example about a lk within 100km distance that good wallie fishery? thanks! I love wallie fishing.

BeeGuy
05-31-2013, 04:32 PM
C & R is totally ok for me..Just checked the Ifish website, there are lots of stocking pond but barely a decent lake for wallies, pikes and perch like what around Edmonton. Anyone could give a example about a lk within 100km distance that good wallie fishery? thanks! I love wallie fishing.

Pine Coulee Reservoir.

Non-stop walleye action and pike.
give or take 100km from calgary.

if you increase the range to ~150km there are several better options.

lots of nice trout to be caught chucking tackle and flies in town though......once the water calms down a bit

TROLLER
05-31-2013, 05:49 PM

how would you know a decent lake in So Alberta by looking on ifish

:angry3:

WayneChristie
05-31-2013, 09:54 PM
all winterkilled