PDA

View Full Version : Now that was a TGIF!

WayneChristie
05-31-2013, 10:41 PM
My buddy dodger has taken me fishing in his boat several times, so today I thought id return the favour and see if we could take his sturginity. I will let him fill in the details if he likes, but this is one I have to share. The look on his face says it all. Ive caught over 100 sturgeon now, up to just shy of 5 feet, and this fish was way more powerful and heavier than anything Ive ever felt. Being the awesome person I am I hand old dodger the rod. 50 pound braid, strong 1/0 hook, and this is the result. http://youtu.be/jDCel-aXGHk
darn you buddy! thanks for releasing the bigest fish of my life!!!!:bad_boys_20::sHa_sarcasticlol:
BTW never thumb the spool on a big sturgeon :sHa_shakeshout:

bwackwabbit
05-31-2013, 10:49 PM
Doh!!!!

AppleJax
05-31-2013, 11:05 PM
Did it break off on the leader or straighten your hook?

waterninja
05-31-2013, 11:05 PM
good thing you ended the vid. there, probably got an x rating after that. lol.

just_dave
05-31-2013, 11:40 PM
hahaha! Classic response to the line going slack.

Thanks for posting.

OneGirlWolfPack
06-01-2013, 12:02 AM
Hahaha! Poor guy!

BBJTKLE&FISHINGADVENTURES
06-01-2013, 12:07 AM
That poor guy cant just win , what broke the line , crappy knot or the hook .

If it was the hook I bet it was an eagle claw there junk Garbage , I went to buy circle hooks a few weeks back all they had was eagle claw junk and yep there junk . Go to clip the barb and the point of the hook snaps off . That's why I only use Gamakatsu's . EAgle claw reminded me of that . OH well new circle hooks have arrived .

AppleJax
06-01-2013, 01:02 AM
That poor guy cant just win , what broke the line , crappy knot or the hook .

If it was the hook I bet it was an eagle claw there junk Garbage , I went to buy circle hooks a few weeks back all they had was eagle claw junk and yep there junk . Go to clip the barb and the point of the hook snaps off . That's why I only use Gamakatsu's . EAgle claw reminded me of that . OH well new circle hooks have arrived .

Honestly I think the hook you were using is too large John. If you snap off the barb it breaks the hook off. I bought the smaller 1/0 gamakatsu and its been working great so far. I agree, Gamakatsu is a far superior hook.

WayneChristie
06-01-2013, 05:34 AM
I only use mustad hooks, especially since there are no decent fishing stores within 100 miles of me. never had a problem with them, on any size fish. even very hard to straighten one out when you hook a rock. this one straightened out enough to let the fish go when the tension got to high. funny thing is that fish didnt even know it was caught yet! week ago someone was fishing the same hole from a boat, hooked one and fought it for well over an hour, chased it all over, and ended up losing it anyways, maybe it was the same fish. only wish we could have at least seen it. At least Dodger popped his cherry with 3 sturgeon , made up for the loss. :sHa_shakeshout: (almost)

AppleJax
06-01-2013, 05:40 AM
I only use mustad hooks, especially since there are no decent fishing stores within 100 miles of me. never had a problem with them, on any size fish. even very hard to straighten one out when you hook a rock. this one straightened out enough to let the fish go when the tension got to high. funny thing is that fish didnt even know it was caught yet! week ago someone was fishing the same hole from a boat, hooked one and fought it for well over an hour, chased it all over, and ended up losing it anyways, maybe it was the same fish. only wish we could have at least seen it. At least Dodger popped his cherry with 3 sturgeon , made up for the loss. :sHa_shakeshout: (almost)

You better keep heading to that hole until you catch him Wayne. Moby summer edition!

dodger
06-01-2013, 06:25 AM
TO ALL - That was not me but just a stand in for the vid. I would never look that goofy after loosing a river monster. Normaly I would man up and jump in and wrestle him back to shore.

The Dodger.

Winch101
06-01-2013, 06:52 AM
Snag or body ,you never know in that river .....might be a new film star
Italo's older brother , Gino , hopefully that wasn't it for the day...:
Damm bait caster reel. Lol

ogre
06-03-2013, 10:32 AM
TO ALL - That was not me but just a stand in for the vid. I would never look that goofy after loosing a river monster. Normaly I would man up and jump in and wrestle him back to shore.

The Dodger.

Hey Dodger, what's the going rate for a stand in nowadays? I'm about to fire mine, so in the market for a new one. WC claims my current stand in is a jinx.

Congrats on crossing dino off your list :sHa_shakeshout:

dodger
06-03-2013, 06:39 PM
Hey Dodger, what's the going rate for a stand in nowadays? I'm about to fire mine, so in the market for a new one. WC claims my current stand in is a jinx.

Congrats on crossing dino off your list :sHa_shakeshout:

As the video shows as long as the stand in has a supply of doughnuts he's there rain or shine ;)

Dodger.
Dino - check.