PDA

View Full Version : Pigeon lake pp walleyes

moonyrat
05-31-2013, 11:10 PM
Hi guys,
Our family is going to pigeon lake pp fishing for the first time, we haven't been there in years. We purchased class 2 tags for the first time where is the best spot to fish? we don't have a boat, Pms are welcome. Thank you in advance!
jack

AppleJax
05-31-2013, 11:13 PM
Congrats on your class B tags. Fishing from shore at the PP should be decent. Bring minnows!

moonyrat
05-31-2013, 11:22 PM
Congrats on your class B tags. Fishing from shore at the PP should be decent. Bring minnows!

Thx for the quick reply bro, we haven't been to pp b4 just ma-me-o beach. Where is a good spot? At boat launch?:)

AppleJax
06-01-2013, 01:06 AM
Thx for the quick reply bro, we haven't been to pp b4 just ma-me-o beach. Where is a good spot? At boat launch?:)

Go to the west of the boatlaunch along the beach. Honestly I'm not an expert on this lake but the couple times I've been there people were catching walleye in that vicinity. Maybe buy yourself a cheap dingy from walmart for 25 bucks lol.

moonyrat
06-01-2013, 06:12 AM
Go to the west of the boatlaunch along the beach. Honestly I'm not an expert on this lake but the couple times I've been there people were catching walleye in that vicinity. Maybe buy yourself a cheap dingy from walmart for 25 bucks lol.

It's a family trip with seniors and kids so dingy is out of the question:(

dragon
06-01-2013, 07:39 AM
They are always catching them at the boat launch. Note there are some no fishing signs there.

Perchalot
06-01-2013, 08:22 AM
Our family used to catch quite a few walleye. Along shore beside campsites, I would wade out so I could cast farther. But don't think it mattered. Used jigs with power bait tails. Have fun! Good luck! Hope I get out soon.

jaystev
06-01-2013, 08:46 AM
The best area Ive found is on the far side of swimming area near the last two loops of the campground. The boat launch has alot of traffic.

moonyrat
06-03-2013, 09:24 PM
thx guys for the tips! we had alot of fun on Saturday, using 5 diamond and minnows we caught 6 pikes at the dock area but no eyes, o well:thinking-006: