PDA

View Full Version : Pine lake vs Gull lake

fluxcore
08-01-2008, 06:20 PM
Pine vs Gull, I can't seem to decide which lake to fish tomorrow. Anyone know which lake has been more productive? Looking forward to gettin the toon out even though the wind is suppost to pick up.

Chironomid
08-01-2008, 09:20 PM
Well, haven't fished Gull this year. What are you after? Walleye? You will not have a problem getting walleye at Pine or Sylvan, Gull you will.

I have fished Pine and Sylvan a couple times this year and every time we absolutely hammered the walleye. PM Me if you're looking for specific spots?

You using the flyrod?

TundraBuck
08-01-2008, 09:46 PM
Well, haven't fished Gull this year. What are you after? Walleye? You will not have a problem getting walleye at Pine or Sylvan, Gull you will.

I have fished Pine and Sylvan a couple times this year and every time we absolutely hammered the walleye. PM Me if you're looking for specific spots?

You using the flyrod?

He's right for walleye, pike, by all means Sylvan or Gull, especially Gull.

2430M
08-02-2008, 08:14 AM
We hit Pine earlier this week. did well with Walleye also. Haven't fished Gull or sylvan at all this year :(

Sir. Kenneth
08-02-2008, 10:51 AM
Was out at pine twice last week, did really well on the walleye. A few pike but wasnt really targeting them. Only time i have fished Gull was during "the big ice derby" which neither my buddy or myself or anyone around us for that matter even got a single sniff! definitely not doing that one again next year!

dryguy
08-04-2008, 08:48 PM
why did they change the ice derby from pigeon to gull? seemed like a good turnout at pigeon the couple of times i went

Sir. Kenneth
08-05-2008, 10:03 AM
why did they change the ice derby from pigeon to gull? seemed like a good turnout at pigeon the couple of times i went

It was a really good turn out, i think there were about 3-4000 people there. Fish just werent biting though... I think i heard the final tally of fish was something like 114. And there were a 120 prizes to give away! Was pretty much catch a fish win a prize!