PDA

View Full Version : Back from my trip to Great Pacific Salmon Lodge.

Ken07AOVette
06-02-2013, 05:14 PM
The only thing I can say honestly, is I wish I had never gone.
If you are thinking about going, put your visa back in your pocket, put the phone down, and run. Run fast and hard.

Jamie has ruined fishing for me. Just the thought of going out on our puny lakes with my little boat and crap gear makes me ill. :(

I was already doing inventory on what I could sell to go again while we were experiencing our last moments in the boat, on the endless ocean. :sign0176:

Giant salmon, huge halibut, elusive coho's, eagles everywhere, gorgeous scenery, orca's chasing food through the kelp, humpback whales breeching and launching themselves effortlessly out of the abyss, it is a dream being there and a nightmare leaving.

On the other hand, if you want to experience likely the best fishing trip of your life, pick up the phone, warm up the credit card and give the boys a call.

Be warned, it will ruin you for prairie fishing. :)

catnthehat
06-02-2013, 05:18 PM
ALRIGHT- PICS or it DIDN'T HAPPEN -oh, never mind, I just saw the other thread!!!:sHa_sarcasticlol:
Glad you had a great time ken!
Cat

omega50
06-02-2013, 05:27 PM
Sounds like a sound and reasonable investment for a guy's mental health.

Family trips are great, but this sounds like it will pay dividends for some time to come!

catnthehat
06-02-2013, 05:32 PM
Sounds like a sound and reasonable investment for a guy's mental health.

Family trips are great, but this sounds like this will pay dividends for some time to come!

And that basically was what the original intent was for , to help a guy out to give him a bit of a mental break from previous stresses.
Looks like it worked- for all involved!:)
Cat

Mike_W
06-02-2013, 06:23 PM
I've warned you of this Ken! The west coast is in my heart forever !! Nothing compares!!
Glad you had a good time!

Mike

The only thing I can say honestly, is I wish I had never gone.
If you are thinking about going, put your visa back in your pocket, put the phone down, and run. Run fast and hard.

Jamie has ruined fishing for me. Just the thought of going out on our puny lakes with my little boat and crap gear makes me ill. :(

I was already doing inventory on what I could sell to go again while we were experiencing our last moments in the boat, on the endless ocean. :sign0176:

Giant salmon, huge halibut, elusive coho's, eagles everywhere, gorgeous scenery, orca's chasing food through the kelp, humpback whales breeching and launching themselves effortlessly out of the abyss, it is a dream being there and a nightmare leaving.

On the other hand, if you want to experience likely the best fishing trip of your life, pick up the phone, warm up the credit card and give the boys a call.

Be warned, it will ruin you for prairie fishing. :)

waterninja
06-02-2013, 09:27 PM
i know exactly what you mean. 10 years ago i fished the kitmat area rivers, lakes and ocean and then stopped fishing in alberta for 8 years. bc fishing can really spoil you.

Dona
06-02-2013, 10:19 PM
Well written Ken! I to have fallen in love with this area, in particular the Haida Gwaii. I have not fished Alberta in years. The Kola Peninsula, Nizhnevartovsh, Rio Grande, Lanio, Seychelles, Lochy have tempted me to return and fish but pale in comparison.
I return at the end of June each year to the Haida Gwaii. Here Memories are made just as you describe.

I can hardly wait for the day my grandchildren take this trip with me, more memories!

OneGirlWolfPack
06-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Saw the pics. Looks like you guys had an amazing time! I got to go ocean fishing once. I'm sure it would have been better if I had a charter like Jamie instead of the one I had but it was still a memorable experience.

just_dave
06-02-2013, 11:43 PM
I'm glad it was awesome, Ken!

Pikehunter13
06-02-2013, 11:53 PM
pictures or it didn't happen ;)

Kodiak
06-03-2013, 11:35 PM
Thanks for the insight buddy, my quest is to kick 42 outta da ballpark lol

Might settle for a 70...haha

Even if it isn't the first fish , ahemm:thinking-006:

Anyways, glad you guys had fun, reports will come after the 10th, austa lavista........:sHa_shakeshout:

Jamie
06-04-2013, 06:22 AM

Anyways, glad you guys had fun, reports will come after the 10th, austa lavista........:sHa_shakeshout:

Out here in a bit!

See you then.

Jamie

Ken07AOVette
06-04-2013, 05:47 PM

Sounds good!
The fridge is an extra $100.00 per pound over 41.99 lbs :sHa_sarcasticlol:

Stratos
06-04-2013, 05:51 PM
Cant wait I'm there July 10th!!!!