PDA

View Full Version : Holy Crap!!

Holy Crap!!
03-31-2007, 12:14 PM
This ever happened to you? Happened a couple times in Pine lake, once ice fishing in badger.
http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t185/BuckKrazy/bigsmall.jpg

Vexilar
03-31-2007, 01:08 PM
I've had this happen to me a few times.;)

Duffy4
03-31-2007, 01:15 PM
That is a great pic. I have seen it before and some folks think it is facked. I don't at all.

I hooked a perch once and as it got up to the boat a BIG walleye grabbed it sideways. I had boated a 5 lb. walley earlier in the day and this walleye was much bigger. He (or probably she) let go of the perch before i could net her.

On the west coast I was fishing with my son who had not been catching much. I knew I had a small rockfish on my line, so suggested we trade outfits. He didn't realize a fish was on and then said "wow dad I got one" so I got the net and waited for him to crank up the little fish. It was bending the rod and fighting a lot and was I surprised when a big 10lb.+ greenling came to the surface. It let go of the little rockfish just as i got the net under it. It was delicious.

Robin

upfishcreek
03-31-2007, 01:57 PM
I had a small pike on my line when a walleye grabbed it like that. I ended up with both of them.

gunslinger
03-31-2007, 03:26 PM
thats a awsome picture of big johnny coming in to nail em

awesome pic!
03-31-2007, 07:06 PM
This one time in a tournament at slave we were fishing and i caught a dinker walleye as i was bringing him up to the boat, About a 9-10lber walleye ( yes walleye!) grabbed the little bugger, do you think I had a net handy? arrrrrgghhhhh! unreal,gods way of being funny!I guess.

bigbore
03-31-2007, 09:09 PM
i think this is that pic that made it into a multi page thread about if the pic was real or photoshopped. quite the ride

gunner 83
03-31-2007, 09:44 PM
i've had big pike hit walleye on my line several times, but i can't remember pike on pike action

7 REM MAG
04-01-2007, 05:22 PM
weve had salmon stonlen but seal's and sealions on the coast

re
04-03-2007, 08:13 PM
Looks pretty fake to me. Pike don't eat their own kind!!

jrs
04-03-2007, 09:49 PM
Pike do eat there own kind. I've seen it myself (removed about a 2lber from an 18lbers belly, seen many little pike within bellies). This is a site of a local guy down here, i don't know him but came accross his link while back on another site. Very nice pics!!! I believe one of his photos are on the new Barry Mitchells guide?

members.shaw.ca/ocl3/pike_gone_wild.html (http://members.shaw.ca/ocl3/pike_gone_wild.html)

buckshoot
04-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Saw one like this in a magasine last week, Alberta Fishing Guide or something like that

packhuntr
04-04-2007, 07:13 PM
I caught a nice pike afew yrs ago on a local slough. Was twitching a husky jerk in about 10 ft of water. Was springish time of yr. Landed her, and she had the tail to approx 1-2 pounder sticking out of her throat. Not a hawg, but prob went around 15 pounds. Couldnt really see where there was room in her mouth to hit the bait, let alone eat. Mabey just being aggresive, and took a swipe at it.

keep a strain on er.

bearbait
04-04-2007, 08:08 PM
yup alberta fishing guid has a pic of a guy fly fishing pike and had a bigger one grab the small one he caught...

"pike dont eat there own"

ya ok.....:\

ive had it happen lots...with pike perch and walleye..

BloodHound70
04-05-2007, 08:42 AM
There is some footage on Youtube of a pike eating another pike taken by some divers. It is very cool to see.
Large fish don't look at their prey and distinquish the species...it's just food.

BH

bradcougar10
04-05-2007, 10:13 AM
Bloodhound,
i searched for that pike video, very cool. this one also came up.

As I am not an expert identifier of fish, anyone know exactly what fish are swimming around and what fish the pike attacks? great stuff though, could spend hours looking at these.

and i also have had a pike latch onto my hooked pike before. so i am not sure what the dude is talking about by saying that pike do not eat there own. everything eats it's own!

ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI71Hsy_PaU&mode=related&search= (http://ttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mI71Hsy_PaU&mode=related&search=)

Nikanit
04-06-2007, 11:56 AM
Ha Ha...at the Royal Terrell in Drumheller, they have a fossil of this gigantor fish, about 15 - 20 feet long with another inside of it that was around 6 feet. One of my faves at that Museum!