PDA

View Full Version : It looks like the day has finally come . . .

DarkAisling
06-04-2013, 11:17 AM
. . . my little man (now four-and-a-half-years-old) has announced that we absolutely must go fishing. This is not negotiable. He determination is boundless at this point.

I taught my eldest son to fish. I taught hubby how to fish. I taught a couple of my nephews how to fish. I have never, however, taught someone this young.

I'll set him up with a bobber and worm to start.

What I could use some help with is choosing a location in the Caglary area for his first trips. I'd like to find somewhere that has plenty of other activities for a little guy to partake in: somewhere with a playground, and where there are open green spaces for frisbee and catch. A place that doesn't get too windy would be great, too. The goal is to make his first fishing trips part of an action packed and fun filled day.

Pm's are great: if you'd like to keep recommended locations private.

Thx. :)

bubba 96
06-04-2013, 11:22 AM
. . . my little man (now four-and-a-half-years-old) has announced that we absolutely must go fishing. This is not negotiable. He determination is boundless at this point.

I taught my eldest son to fish. I taught hubby how to fish. I taught a couple of my nephews how to fish. I have never, however, taught someone this young.

I'll set him up with a bobber and worm to start.

What I could use some help with is choosing a location in the Caglary area for his first trips. I'd like to find somewhere that has plenty of other activities for a little guy to partake in: somewhere with a playground, and where there are open green spaces for frisbee and catch. A place that doesn't get too windy would be great, too. The goal is to make his first fishing trips part of an action packed and fun filled day.

Pm's are great: if you'd like to keep recommended locations private.

Thx. :)

There is the stocked pond in airdrie at nose creek park, will do all you asked for however I do not know when it is stocked...but there is a huge park there as well..

DarkAisling
06-04-2013, 11:47 AM
There is the stocked pond in airdrie at nose creek park, will do all you asked for however I do not know when it is stocked...but there is a huge park there as well..

Thank you! That would actually work out perfect for us. We're in the north of Calgary, and my SIL and two of our nephews live in Airdrie.

As with most stocked ponds, I imagine it is fished out early. But, with plenty of stuff to keep him active, I doubt he'll get too hung up on a lack of fish (if he's interested in fishing for more than 10 minutes, my mind will be blown).

bubba 96
06-04-2013, 11:51 AM
Thank you! That would actually work out perfect for us. We're in the north of Calgary, and my SIL and two of our nephews live in Airdrie.

As with most stocked ponds, I imagine it is fished out early. But, with plenty of stuff to keep him active, I doubt he'll get too hung up on a lack of fish (if he's interested in fishing for more than 10 minutes, my mind will be blown).

I would assume it get fished out by fall but I do not see a lot of people fishing so it shouldent be all that bad, I went last yr at the end of aug to try some spinners and bucktails my buddy makes and I had a few follow some of the big pike bucktails...