PDA

View Full Version : saskatchewan pike fishing

Victor L
06-06-2013, 10:58 PM
hey guys we are 2 guys thinking to hit the Saskatchewan and fishing some big pike ,trout and wallye and wondering if someone knows a good camping near a good lake with some good fishing ??

we are heading out tomorrow, we have dealing with a lot of places and option but we havenīt come up to any good places the main thing is shore fishing so please help us out :)

Steelhead008
06-06-2013, 11:03 PM
How far noeth are u willing to travel?

Victor L
06-06-2013, 11:05 PM
How far noeth are u willing to travel?

as far as i need to go :)

Steelhead008
06-06-2013, 11:17 PM
If u want trophys got to tobin but it might be tough without a boat as theres lots of water to cover

Moefoe
06-06-2013, 11:27 PM
Last mountain lake...big pike, big walleye and the kicker huge and easy to catch carp!!

Victor L
06-06-2013, 11:36 PM
Last mountain lake...big pike, big walleye and the kicker huge and easy to catch carp!!

i Think you hit the Nail there moefoe what kind of carp is it u can Catch there??

:sHa_shakeshout:

Walleye1114
06-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Deifienbaker lake is the place to go great walleye, pike and some trout

Geezle
06-07-2013, 09:38 AM

How does one catch carp out of there? I grew up on that lake and wasn't even aware of the carp population until I moved out this way.

Moefoe
06-07-2013, 10:41 AM
How does one catch carp out of there? I grew up on that lake and wasn't even aware of the carp population until I moved out this way.

We fished Big Arm Bay last year (from a boat) looking for big pike and found them...we also spooked thousands of huge Carp back there, all in like 2' of water! Gave my Uncle back in England a call he gave me a set up to catch them...basically a slip sinker and some corn and we were Carp fishing! We caught 30 or so in 2 Days averaging 15-20 lbs with a few close to 30 lbs using medium action walleye gear, it was awsome! Now as I said we had a boat but there were plenty of places to fish from shore back there with 2-3 bridges...or throw on some waders and go trudging around in the shallows, goodtimes!!

Geezle
06-07-2013, 10:43 AM
We fished Big Arm Bay last year (from a boat) looking for big pike and found them...we also spooked thousands of huge Carp back there, all in like 2' of water! Gave my Uncle back in England a call he gave me a set up to catch them...basically a slip sinker and some corn and we were Carp fishing! We caught 30 or so in 2 Days averaging 15-20 lbs with a few close to 30 lbs using medium action walleye gear, it was awsome! Now as I said we had a boat but there were plenty of places to fish from shore back there with 2-3 bridges...or throw on some waders and go trudging around in the shallows, goodtimes!!

I'm not familiar with Big Arm Bay...is that on the end of the lake around Valeport?

Moefoe
06-07-2013, 10:51 AM
I'm not familiar with Big Arm Bay...is that on the end of the lake around Valeport?

West side of the lake about half way up...we camped at Henderson beach!

Stewie
06-07-2013, 10:55 AM
Medow Lake Provincial Park... Lots of Great Lakes close together with good fishing

dodgeboy1979
06-07-2013, 10:59 AM
Medow Lake Provincial Park... Lots of Great Lakes close together with good fishing

X2 real nice camping and fishing up there!

Piker
06-07-2013, 11:04 AM
Go to the Hansen Lake Road and work your way north. There are numerous big lakes there with excellent fishing for most species. Altho a boat is recomended. Piker

THERICARDO
06-07-2013, 11:48 AM
Meadow Lake is great choice as is Last Mountain Lake, but dont forget about Dore. The fishing is excellent at all 3...

YeeHaw
06-07-2013, 01:28 PM
Go to the Hansen Lake Road and work your way north. There are numerous big lakes there with excellent fishing for most species. Altho a boat is recomended. Piker

X2:)

CiscoKid
06-07-2013, 01:45 PM
hey guys we are 2 guys thinking to hit the Saskatchewan and fishing some big pike ,trout and wallye and wondering if someone knows a good camping near a good lake with some good fishing ??

we are heading out tomorrow, we have dealing with a lot of places and option but we havenīt come up to any good places the main thing is shore fishing so please help us out :)

Diefenbaker no doubt!

Victor L
06-07-2013, 02:37 PM
Thanks guys i guess we have some dissision to make , i need to Point out that we donīt have a boat, maybe we can rent some canoe or something but it needs to be lakes that we can shore fishing. i appriciate the answers guys !:sHa_shakeshout:

Victor L
06-07-2013, 03:14 PM
we have decided to go to flin flon to flinīs cabins as our final goal but we are gonna make some stops on the way on some recomntations by you guys :) thanks for the help we really appricieat it ... sorry for the Spelling have no time to correct it :/:sign0161:

Jaybones
06-07-2013, 03:29 PM
We called Slims Cabins (http://www.slimscabins.com/slims_cabins_base_camp.html) they offered us a camp ground and a fishing boat.
It's at the Churchill River - Sokatisewin Lake.
We are looking forward to fish there :47b20s0: