PDA

View Full Version : Back to Pigeon tomorrow

deanna
06-07-2013, 04:51 PM
Get to go fishin again. Twice in a week, Can't believe my luck. Was @ Pigeon a week ago & it was OK. Any new updates. Thanx in advance if anyone has any info

wildwoods
06-08-2013, 08:09 PM
A friend (Dale) and I just fished there today. It's heating up. We caught 65 Walleye and 2 pike between us. 2 days fishing this week produced 127 fish. The mulhurst flats are fishing well at both points.

JimmerAB
06-08-2013, 09:51 PM
Fished Pigeon last Wednesday. Pulled crank baits for about five hours in six to twelve feet of water. Caught 65 walleye (the largest about 55 cm) and 15 pike.

Jim

topgear
06-08-2013, 10:33 PM
We fished Pigeon today for the first time this year. The strangest thing happened. We caught right around 75 fish for the three of us. We trolled the same area near the island that we have for years, only this time, we caught as many pike, as we did walleye. In previous years, we might catch one or two in that area. Not complaining, but can't help wondering what changed... No big pike, but I caught a 4 lb walleye, which was nice to see.

dubs
06-09-2013, 04:53 PM
That is great to hear. I had my boat out beside the provincial park campsite dropoff and fished for 12 hours in 2 days this weekend and didn't catch one fish between 3 of us. What the hell were we doing wrong? We used white 1/4 jigs tipped with a minnow and jigged:angry3:. Please help.

1bluZebec
06-09-2013, 06:41 PM
I was out there with my son as well Saturday and Sunday went to another area I like. Harder than heck to fish with those waves with no anchor lmao. Never managed any at the drop off but else where I managed to help boy catch 2 pike Saturday night and 9 walleye and 1 pike today. Walleye spinners with worms and lindy darters were what seemed to be good for us. To bad it was sooooo windy. Still a great weekend:)

deanna
06-10-2013, 07:59 AM
Went out Sat & Sun. The wind was brutal. Went & hid 100 ft out fom PP boat launch in 10 fow out of the waves & caught walleye nonstop. They didn't like a jig & minnow but went crazy on pickeral rigs & minnows

Geezle
06-10-2013, 09:03 AM
That is great to hear. I had my boat out beside the provincial park campsite dropoff and fished for 12 hours in 2 days this weekend and didn't catch one fish between 3 of us. What the hell were we doing wrong? We used white 1/4 jigs tipped with a minnow and jigged:angry3:. Please help.

"We've tried absolutely nothing and we're all out of ideas!"

Maybe try moving...or changing your presentation?

cube
06-10-2013, 09:41 AM
We fished Pigeon today for the first time this year. The strangest thing happened. We caught right around 75 fish for the three of us. We trolled the same area near the island that we have for years, only this time, we caught as many pike, as we did walleye. In previous years, we might catch one or two in that area. Not complaining, but can't help wondering what changed... No big pike, but I caught a 4 lb walleye, which was nice to see.

After 15 years of only managing walleye they finally started managing pike as well. They now have a 1 greater than >100 cm size limit on pike for Pigeon, so those smaller pike are not being harvested away and are available for you to catch and release.

cube
06-10-2013, 09:51 AM

We have had a cold spring and the ice was off late. The walleye only just came off the spawning beds a week or 2 ago and have not yet hit their summer homes. Hence, I would say you were probably fishing to deep. On the weekend it took me about an hour to find them but after that it was nonstop. I also found that a number of the walleye we hitting short so I had to add a stinger hook.

Hope that helped, good luck with the rest of your season.

1bluZebec
06-10-2013, 06:35 PM
Walleye spinners were catching us a walleye about every 5-10 min. Not even a blade. Just a bead with a hook and 1/8th oz slip sinker. 2 mph roughly was where they liked it and 12 fow was where they seemed to love. Can't wait to go back on a calm day and evening. Great campground as well.