PDA

View Full Version : Sylvan Lake.

The Anvil
08-04-2008, 01:06 AM
Hey everyone,

Just wondering if anyone has been out to sylvan lake gone fishing at all.

How is the water?

floppychicken
08-04-2008, 02:24 AM
.. as Anvil. Never fished there before and heard the weekends are kinda crazy.

Cheers,

/FC....

Chironomid
08-04-2008, 07:35 PM
Weekends are crazy. What do you guys want to target? Water is fine???

floppychicken
08-04-2008, 09:49 PM
Can't speak for Anvil (my apologies for intrudiing on your thread) but I don't mind catching just about anything... I would however like to catch a FREAKIN' PERCH ! I haven't caught one since I moved here in 1983 ! :ashamed:

Any fish over 5 or 6 lbs would be nice too.... :) Has Sylvan got many of those ?

Cheers,

/FC....

Nate
08-04-2008, 10:46 PM
I love fishing sylvan all the time, love fishing Marina bay just past the beach. Lots of big walleye, have gotten a few nice size Pike in there as well. fish right at the mouth of the stream, usually have lots of walleye there earlier spring not sure how it is there now but would put money on the walleye being there. Worms work best from bottom

Nathan

The Anvil
08-05-2008, 01:55 AM
Can't speak for Anvil (my apologies for intrudiing on your thread) but I don't mind catching just about anything... I would however like to catch a FREAKIN' PERCH ! I haven't caught one since I moved here in 1983 ! :ashamed:

Any fish over 5 or 6 lbs would be nice too.... :) Has Sylvan got many of those ?

Cheers,

/FC....

Hey no worries Floppychicken

I am after anything as well mind you like your self I am targeting the perch as well the whites. In the end I enjoy fishing in general so what ever i can target and get results on I'm in for.

Was out at Sylvan today visiting my brother, renting a cottage for the week.
Did not get the chance to fish but the water was awesome....so clear and cool... had a great swim.
I couldn't really find a boat launch.....anyone know where there is a public launch?

floppychicken
08-05-2008, 02:24 AM
Hey no worries Floppychicken

I am after anything as well mind you like your self I am targeting the perch as well the whites. In the end I enjoy fishing in general so what ever i can target and get results on I'm in for.

Was out at Sylvan today visiting my brother, renting a cottage for the week.
Did not get the chance to fish but the water was awesome....so clear and cool... had a great swim.
I couldn't really find a boat launch.....anyone know where there is a public launch?

Yeah,

I think you have to use the "Sun Haven Provincial Recreation Area". It appears to be the only one that doesn't require you to give them your 'wallet". Here's the link to the recreation area... http://gateway.cd.gov.ab.ca/siteinformation.aspx?id=288

Hope it helps but I've never actually 'launched a boat' there 'yet'. Most likely try and get there this week or next. Lemme know how it goes if you get there before me !

Cheers,

/FC....

The Anvil
08-09-2008, 12:26 AM
Well I'm heading to Sylvan lake tomorrow going to tow the old 69 fiberglass 14ft beast down and fire up the 40hp Johnson...also from 1969. For the age the boat and motor are in good shape.

Anyone have any tips or advice as to what is producing walleye and pike.... The perch if i am lucky i can hit a few but looking for a good time on the water really.

floppychicken
08-10-2008, 03:00 PM
Well I'm heading to Sylvan lake tomorrow going to tow the old 69 fiberglass 14ft beast down and fire up the 40hp Johnson...also from 1969. For the age the boat and motor are in good shape.

Anyone have any tips or advice as to what is producing walleye and pike.... The perch if i am lucky i can hit a few but looking for a good time on the water really.

Hey there Anvil,

How was the day ? Where did you end up launching from ? How was the fishing ?

Cheers,

/FC....

The Anvil
08-10-2008, 04:19 PM
I was able to launch from Norwegan just north of the Marina,

Fishing was slow...I personally didn't catch anything.....only got to fish for a few hours. Was taking my niece and nephew for rides as well some of the other family members, I also was swimming lots and relaxing on the beach.

I finally decided to head out after dinner and low and behold after 2 hours on the water a nasty storm rolled in.

I plan on heading back in a week or two.

Over all not bad water was great, just choppy as all get out!

Nate
08-10-2008, 10:15 PM
I still say marina bay, Marina Bay is the best on sylvan that i have tried, was there over the weekend lost count on the walleyes, anything from 2 to 5 pounders, had a blast like that everytime i go.. they even put a nice dock along the shore you can stand on.

Chironomid
08-10-2008, 10:17 PM
Much more fun fishing from a boat, IMO.

Anvil, I'll head out there one day this week and let you know, I don't mind sharing info with a good guy like yourself.

The Anvil
08-10-2008, 11:39 PM
Much more fun fishing from a boat, IMO.

Anvil, I'll head out there one day this week and let you know, I don't mind sharing info with a good guy like yourself.

Well thanks there Chironomid,

yeah I haven't really fished Sylvan that much but always enjoy trying out a "new" body of water. any info or tips are always greatly appreciated.