PDA

View Full Version : Minnewanka Lately ?????

SCHOOCH
06-08-2013, 08:02 PM
Anyone been? Just wondering on water levels and clarity.....might give her a shot tomorrow????

TROLLER
06-09-2013, 08:24 AM
Fished it on Friday. Water is down about 50ft. but launch is still manageable with the usual real long drive down.

Fishing was OK but nothing big, 3-4 lbs at best. Water temp in the low 40's and the fish are somewhat active in the shallows.

Good luck

fisher5
06-10-2013, 02:28 PM
I have a new 20 foot pontoon boat. I do not have downriggers. Is it a waste of time fishing there without downriggers? What would you recommend to use for trolling. Thanks for your time.

SCHOOCH
06-10-2013, 02:31 PM
I have a new 20 foot pontoon boat. I do not have downriggers. Is it a waste of time fishing there without downriggers? What would you recommend to use for trolling. Thanks for your time.

This time of year the fish are quite shallow and you can catch them on white tube jigs and trolling flies. I never made it out because i don't like fishing in lightning LOL.

TROLLER
06-10-2013, 04:27 PM

Number one at Minnewonka is to know how to back up your boat. The launch is very steep and about 150 meters to the water.

Not all the docks are in yet so make sure someone is attending your pontoon when you go park.

The lakers are shallow and will stay that way as long as the water temp is below 53-54F. Throw a white tube jig anywhere you see water coming into the lake. Quite a few fish around the campground on the left side a few kilometers down the lake.

I like to troll flies and spoons on sinking fly line close to shore. Had good luck at the very end of the lake on Friday where the Ghost comes in. A few other guys were tossing jigs and having luck as well. No lead so make sure you have lead free jigs. Fishn Hole carries em. Be mindful of the wind when it comes up start heading back. One last thing back your trailer into the parking lot. It can be a real hassel trying to get out of that lot on a weekend afternoon.

Good luck