PDA

View Full Version : Three Point Creek

Tht-_-Fisherman
06-09-2013, 11:40 AM
Hey guys, just drove by three point creek and was wondering if there were any fish in there, so I looked it up on google and it said on alberta regulations .com that there are rocky mtn. Whitefish, cutthroat trout, and bows in there. What are some good hooks/ flies/ lures to work in there? Looks like a good creek!

Thanks,
Kyle

Flieguy
06-09-2013, 01:05 PM
Heard from a couple sources that there's some trouts in there, but never tried...

I'm pretty experienced with foothills streams, so I'll give you some suggestions:

Spin-my favorite lure is a no 1 mepps comet in silver or gold, also try blue and silver mepps little wolf spoons or no 7 5 of diamonds. gold panther martins can also be killer. For whites, fish a size 12 wire worm under a bobber

Fly-smallish stimulators, royal wulffs, and turks tarantulas are great dries, basic nymps include pheasant tails and hare's ears. one of my favorite creek techniques for a medium stream like threepoint is to take a small black wolley bugger (#12ish) with some flash in it and dead drift it through runs, or sporadically strip it through pools.

fishstix
06-09-2013, 06:55 PM
Lots of fish in three point creek.

Tht-_-Fisherman
06-09-2013, 07:37 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate it and will give it a try

Sundancefisher
06-09-2013, 10:13 PM
It is a spawning stream for Bow River rainbows.

amorin
07-16-2015, 10:32 AM
Hi all,

We were driving by Three Point and saw an ideal fishing hole under a bridge, but found two dead trout, one tiny and one almost full grown. Cast a line and no bites at all. We can't find anything online... anyone know why this otherwise healthy looking creek is unwell?

Thanks,
A

clarki
07-16-2015, 10:44 AM
damn! the low water and hot dry weather is raising the water temps to levels that are deadly to some fish especially if theyve just been hooked and caught/released by an angler... if the water temp is in the mid to high 60's its best to just not fish at all...

M

Don K
07-17-2015, 08:23 AM
Lots of fish