PDA

View Full Version : Peppers Lake Questions

mulecrazy
08-04-2008, 05:19 PM
Just wondering if anyone has been to peppers lake recently. The GF and I will be heading there tomorrow for a couple days of camping/fishing. We will be spin casting from shore. Any tips on the brookies? Also, How is the campground? do they have firewood onsite? Any help would be appreciated and info on a few other lakes can be returned in favor.

Thanks,

Chironomid
08-04-2008, 07:27 PM
I stopped in there last week and did some fishing out of my float tube and managed 10 or 12 fish on chironomids, nothing over 14" though. Not sure about the firewood situation but when we fished Elk Creek we parked in the Elk Creek Campground and there was a ton of free firewood there so if there's none at peppers mozy on down the trunk road and take some from elk creek.

Campground is nice, small, and it will be extremely quiet for you. If you can get some sort of floating device to get you on the water it will help alot, otherwise, you can sightfish off the boat launch (always a school hanging out off that weebded) using spinners or small spoons. Lots of creeks and rivers out that way so if you're interested in something like that shoot me a PM and I can point you in the right direction.

Take lots of pictures, one of the prettiest lakes in Alberta.

mulecrazy
08-04-2008, 08:35 PM
Thanks for the info. PM Sent.