PDA

View Full Version : Mystery Tackle Box

azn_rice_man
06-11-2013, 12:09 PM
Anyone heard of people subscribing to this? Anyone using their services?

http://mysterytacklebox.com/

EZM
06-11-2013, 12:43 PM
Perfect if you fish Bass, Crappie, Catfish etc.... AND you like discontinued, overstocked junky crap that nobody is willing to pay market price for.

A perfect marketing strategy to turn trash into cash.

azn_rice_man
06-11-2013, 12:53 PM
Haha! Fair enough!

JReed
06-11-2013, 01:33 PM
Plus look at the guy on the web page after you hit the subscription plans button. Doesn't look trustworthy and probably can't fish hahaha

Fishing_Junkie88
06-11-2013, 01:43 PM
Mystery tackle box is the ****. Some months are better than others, but its nice satisfying a tackle addiction (partially), once a month. :)

*sorry for the profanity*

azn_rice_man
06-11-2013, 01:57 PM
What are some of the better stuff you've received in the past?

Fishing_Junkie88
06-11-2013, 04:24 PM
What are some of the better stuff you've received in the past?

well ther has been some real nice cranks (yozuri) recently a rapala as well. I personally like soft plastics and swim baits alot they give lots of different ones which is nice, one of my favorite was the creature and the craw's, texas rigged, cant beat it!! some of the terminal tackle wasnt the best so it ends up at the bottom of my bag for emergencies but thats okay. :) I recomend this to any tackle junkie like myself! you get stiuff you just dont find here.

azn_rice_man
06-11-2013, 04:56 PM
well ther has been some real nice cranks (yozuri) recently a rapala as well. I personally like soft plastics and swim baits alot they give lots of different ones which is nice, one of my favorite was the creature and the craw's, texas rigged, cant beat it!! some of the terminal tackle wasnt the best so it ends up at the bottom of my bag for emergencies but thats okay. :) I recomend this to any tackle junkie like myself! you get stiuff you just dont find here.

Cool, thanks for the info!

omega50
04-23-2014, 09:28 AM
Just got this in my box yesterday. Mine is the 56AL in gold.
http://www.landbigfish.com/Strike-Pro/Strike-Pro-Flex-X-Long-Lip-Swimbait.cfm
I have not seen any old discontinued product-quite the opposite.
Tackle manufacturers trying to promote new and unknown products.
Crappy tackle would not drive people to their websites.

wags
04-23-2014, 10:16 AM
Just got this in my box yesterday. Mine is the 56AL in gold.
http://www.landbigfish.com/Strike-Pro/Strike-Pro-Flex-X-Long-Lip-Swimbait.cfm
I have not seen any old discontinued product-quite the opposite.
Tackle manufacturers trying to promote new and unknown products.
Crappy tackle would not drive people to their websites.

That's a pretty sweet looking lure!

Cheers

Iwantsfish
04-23-2014, 10:30 AM
My wife got me a subscription to mystery box and tackle grab box at christmas and each one came with a 3 month trial, so 1 box from each vendor for 3 months.

As for what you get and value everyone has their opinion and since I'm just starting out I get more out of it as a surprise in the mail and to see what is actually in the box each month which is fun.

One of them makes you fill out a profile (don't remember which one) to cater better to what you're fishing for, but as someone mentioned it does heavily cater to Bass which isn't that great for Alberta.

I found that each box contains two crank or hard baits and two packs of soft baits with hooks for them. It gives you a quick descripiton and how to use them.

I've never heard of the brand names or styles so this very well might be the discontinued and repackaged type stock offered in a different way.

I just got the mystery box one yesterday for this month so i can take some pics and post them later but you can see lots of the vids online about unpacking the boxes.

Long story short, I don't know if I'd spend my own money on a subscription as I like to buy targetted tackle for what I attempt to catch, having said that i'm excited to try out the soft baits and swimmers that i would never get myself because i don't know much about them and I can't wait to try them out at Glenmore reservoir this year for the first time.

I also got the same crank bait as shown in the link this month, the other lure was a furry jighead with a mohawk in watermelon color. Not sure what I would use them on but time will tell if any of it works.

I'll try to get around to the pics and post them later tonight or tomorrow.

omega50
04-23-2014, 10:43 AM
My wife got me a subscription to mystery box and tackle grab box at christmas and each one came with a 3 month trial, so 1 box from each vendor for 3 months.

As for what you get and value everyone has their opinion and since I'm just starting out I get more out of it as a surprise in the mail and to see what is actually in the box each month which is fun.

One of them makes you fill out a profile (don't remember which one) to cater better to what you're fishing for, but as someone mentioned it does heavily cater to Bass which isn't that great for Alberta.

I found that each box contains two crank or hard baits and two packs of soft baits with hooks for them. It gives you a quick descripiton and how to use them.

I've never heard of the brand names or styles so this very well might be the discontinued and repackaged type stock offered in a different way.

I just got the mystery box one yesterday for this month so i can take some pics and post them later but you can see lots of the vids online about unpacking the boxes.

Long story short, I don't know if I'd spend my own money on a subscription as I like to buy targetted tackle for what I attempt to catch, having said that i'm excited to try out the soft baits and swimmers that i would never get myself because i don't know much about them and I can't wait to try them out at Glenmore reservoir this year for the first time.

My MTB was also a xmas gift from the Mrs.
Great gift but I doubt that I would continue on my own for the reasons that you have stated.
You get what they give you and much of what I have received I have given to my 4 yr old grandson. I give him most of the softbaits to play with. He is more amped about a new delivery than I am.

Iwantsfish
04-23-2014, 10:52 AM
My MTB was also a xmas gift from the Mrs.
Great gift but I doubt that I would continue on my own for the reasons that you have stated.
You get what they give you and much of what I have received I have given to my 4 yr old grandson. I give him most of the softbaits to play with. He is more amped about a new delivery than I am.

Fully agree, although I am a big kid so I get excited just the same. I do find that the hooks that come with these packs for the soft baits are fairly big, maybe useful for pike but not sure what else....but then again I am just learning (2nd year) and wouldn't know myself. My biggest success to date has been with ice fishing and open water has only given me fresh air and great scenery so far :)

Iwantsfish
04-23-2014, 08:22 PM
Here is a PIC of this month's mystery box

FishAb
04-23-2014, 10:34 PM

I really like the strike king stuff , but yea mostly for bass :/ sadly not in alberta:angry3:

Crackmacs
04-25-2014, 07:48 AM
I signed up for March, and just received April. So far, really liking it. Did an unboxing video last night showing them off :)

http://youtu.be/NpOMU3xswo0

Iwantsfish
04-25-2014, 09:36 AM
^^^ Do you have ideas on what type of fish or body of water you'll be trying each type of bait/lure? I'm thinking the softbaits are worthy of a try for pike, not sure about the rest yet. I don't have a boat so I am limitted to where I can go and what I can cast and some of the lures seem too large for trout, but I could be very wrong there. Last month I did get some different jigging rattle baits for ice fishing next season though.

58thecat
09-19-2016, 05:56 AM

It would be a good idea perhaps for someone starting out too.

I tell everyone that your tackle box supplies gives you the power to target fish that are finicky etc

Take for instance Cuba last year, I jimmy rigged up a two inch blue and white buzz bomb with a little spinner and behind it a hook and hunk of shrimp, in our little vessel I was 5 to everyone else's 1 fish landed on the boat for reef fish.:sHa_shakeshout:

58thecat
09-19-2016, 05:59 AM
Good news. There is now a Canadian version and we are based out of Alberta.

Thank you

Welcome and that is awesome, just added you to my home screen for future viewing.

lolanr
09-19-2016, 07:20 AM
I have the mystery tackle box. I picked the walleye option. Each month I have received a couple nice hard baits from Youzuri, and Live Target. Good quality soft baits. My favourite have been the Bento minnow. They work very well!!

Its fun and yes there are a couple duds each time but I give those to my 9 yr old nephew. He loves it.

Andy44
09-20-2016, 11:27 PM
I'm subscribed to Mystery Tackle Box and I love it. I get the Walleye pro box during the summer and the regular ice fishing box in the winter. The pro option gives you more hard baits and full sized soft plastic packages instead of tiny sample sized ones. In my opinion it's definitely worth paying twice what the regular box costs. The best part is getting lures and soft plastics that they don't sell in Canada. The ice fishing box in the winter is great too, last year I got some micro plastics that are absolutely killer on a tiny tungsten jig. It's nice to fish with something that the fish have never seen before. I'd definitely recommend it.

MercMike
09-21-2016, 07:35 AM
I really like the strike king stuff , but yea mostly for bass :/ sadly not in alberta:angry3:

if you go on the site there is a walleye option, you don't have to get bass stuff and in the winter the ice fishing box is good too .

StupidityKills
09-21-2016, 10:17 AM
if you go on the site there is a walleye option, you don't have to get bass stuff and in the winter the ice fishing box is good too .

I just signed up, doing Walleye for October then I will switch to ice fishing for November when it's available.

I got my first month for 4.99 by using "GET499" as a coupon code! :sHa_shakeshout:

Tom Pullings
09-21-2016, 07:03 PM
If they make a pike/musky option I'll sign up.

Asillywalrus
09-22-2016, 08:50 PM
I've bought 4, and have loved getting them all! However, i used the 10$ off coupon and had them shipped to anyone's house who would let me. It was definitely worth it, I would recommend everyone try it!