PDA

View Full Version : arrow ideas

hosmerunited
06-11-2013, 09:06 PM
hey just getting into archery. i have been using gold tip expedition hunter arrows but am in need of some new ones before i go to a 3d shoot this weekend. not sure if the closer shop to use sells gold tip's. so any suggestions on another brand that will not break the bank but are some what sturdy that if you do miss the target they donot always break. also i have the wife going in to possible pick them up so i have all my bow, draw length, and bow poundage written out for her.
thank you
mike
ps now have the whole family into doing the 3d shoots and the they absolutely love it.

Riverbc
06-11-2013, 09:41 PM
Going to a different arrow, will mean more than likely different arrow weight, so you'll be sighting in your bow before you go to that 3D shoot. ....just saying.
I always order from these guys. http://www.bowhunterssuperstore.com/gold-expedition-hunter-black-5575-arrows-3vane-dozen-p-1894.html
They will cut to your length and put on blazer vanes or regular vanes.

hosmerunited
06-12-2013, 10:17 PM
thanks for the link. i did luck out in getting the same arrows. i do have a question on how much can the weight difference in field points can make in your accuracy

L.O.S.T.Arrow
06-13-2013, 10:01 AM
thanks for the link. i did luck out in getting the same arrows. i do have a question on how much can the weight difference in field points can make in your accuracy

:D on a well tuned bow very little or none...on a border line tuned bow or border line correct spined arrows it can mean a noticible differance..

incorrect bow tune or arrow spine may create a Fishtailing arrow [side to side ] or a porphosing arrow [up and down] or even an oscillating arrow...a conbination of the two...

a border line arrow spine or bow tune may fly nice, but changing the arrow point...even just 25 grs to the front end of that arrow [eccentially changing spine of that arrow ] may cause any of the above...

Neil

nekred
06-13-2013, 11:08 AM
Some specs to look at.... arrow spine, grains per inch, and diameter if these are all the same regardless of brand arrows there is more variability introduced by archer than by arrow for most people.