PDA

View Full Version : Tobin Lake July Tournament

cundlk
06-12-2013, 02:11 AM
Just in case a few of you haven't got your July completely planned out, take a look at the Walleye tournament the Nipawin Hawks put on.

We fished in it last year and it was a blast. The fishing was as good as you could have possibly hoped for! The unique thing is that it is a main lake tournament. The river section is off limits (which suits me just fine!).

If you've never fished a Walleye tournament, it is a GREAT tournament to get your feet wet. It's also a great way to gt to know the lake a little better too! There were a lot of mixed teams and father/son teams last year.

Here's the link for anyone interested

http://www.nipawinhawks.sk.ca/page/show/725799-2013-tobin-lake-walleye-championship

Hope to see you there!

cundlk
06-20-2013, 04:36 AM
The organizers are still looking for more boats to sign up. Spread the word to anyone who may be interested. It really is a GREAT event and personally I would really like to see the tournament continue in the upcoming years

cube
07-09-2013, 03:35 PM
The organizers are still looking for more boats to sign up. Spread the word to anyone who may be interested. It really is a GREAT event and personally I would really like to see the tournament continue in the upcoming years

Do you know how many boats have signed up?

Teamprotz
07-12-2013, 01:42 PM
Whats the water like ???

gramps73
07-12-2013, 08:12 PM
heard today sand bags are 8' high infont of marine and the water is 4' up the burm....water is still rising

Freedom55
07-12-2013, 09:22 PM
heard today sand bags are 8' high infont of marine and the water is 4' up the burm....water is still rising

...is removing the sandbags and re-stocking the store. The water is dirty in the river but there was never any real threat. High turbidity, but it should be clean by Aug 9/10. According to a Facebook message I received this A.M.

Last Premier's, the water authority opened the spillway at the dam every morning for a week. Churned up the bottom pretty good.

The lake should be able to filter out the silt well before it gets too far into the pond. All systems a go!

Free

gramps73
07-12-2013, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the update Freedom, I will be heading there in August as well..
c u there

Teamprotz
07-13-2013, 07:18 AM
Water is still high and extremely dirty at Lloyd. Can't imagine there will be much of a turn out for the Tobin tourney with high water . Premiers should be good. Tobin is usually last minute entries as people watch water conditions and prefish BEFORE entering.

SKSniper
07-15-2013, 06:10 PM
Wish I could make it... that lake has the top 5 walleye records for all of Saskatchewan....not to mention MONSTER pike!

cundlk
07-19-2013, 04:08 AM
There ended up being 43 boats entered. The water level was a little below the average, but not much. The clarity was poor (8 to 10 inches in most areas).

The fishing was tough and most of the ones biting were under a pound, but a few boats managed to do okay. There were probably only 4 or 5 overs weighed in between the two days.

We actually managed to do well in the afternoon on the second day catching a few perfect unders and a handful in the slot. I wouldn't hesitate going back in another week. The fishing was getting better by the day. The pike were starting to bite too

mike780
07-19-2013, 09:47 AM
ill have to put it on the calendar for next year, good starter tourny