PDA

View Full Version : Where to rent a boat trailer in Edmonton?

Josh J
06-12-2013, 12:10 PM
Hey guys!

Just yesterday I was offered a free 16' fiberglass boat with a 65 hp motor! Needs some work, but it will be well worth it once I am out on the lake fishing! The problem is, I need to find a means of transportation int he short term. I can buy a trailer later on, but am trying to get it to my place asap.

Does anyone know where I can rent a boat trailer in Edmonton?

Thanks!

Josh J
06-12-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm hoping to pick it up tonight or tomorrow night, if possible. but I can't do so without a means of transportation. Any help would be appreciated!

FishingFrenzy
06-12-2013, 01:03 PM
does the guy currently have it on a trailer or is it in the water? 16ft glass boat with 65hp is gonna be HEAVY to try and move by hand...probably not doable.
It would be easiest to put it into the water to transfer between trailers. I've never heard of anywhere that rents them, as I can't see it being a popular rental. Most people with boats have them on trailers...

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-boats-watercraft-parts-trailers-accessories-16-Foot-Boat-trailer-W0QQAdIdZ493678109 your best bet would be something inexpensive off kijiji.

If you dont want to do that, you could try it on a flatbed uhaul trailer...I know they have some car haulers that would be long enough. The problem is what will you do with it after you pick it up? Its going to be too heavy to move around by hand...

dragon
06-12-2013, 02:10 PM
Lots of boat owners at lakes put there boats in and have empty trailers. I have one that would work but haven't put the boat in yet... so can't help yah.