PDA

View Full Version : Looking for suggestions on lakes near Edmonton to film fishing lure demo

taipan
06-13-2013, 01:33 AM
Hey everyone, I'm looking for a body of water that is clear and rocky to film a fishing lure demo. Lake minewanka and kananakis lakes would be perfect but I'm looking for something closer to Edmonton. Is this possible or am I looking at a banff trip? Lake doesn't even need to hold fish or be natural just clear and rocky. thanks !

waterninja
06-13-2013, 04:59 AM
you,d be surprised at the stocked trout pond at heritage park in red deer. looks like a mountain lake.(without the mountains)

justinO
06-13-2013, 08:09 AM
If you just want clear water my vote would be jackfish lake on bright days you can see the bottom in 10-13 ft not much rock though. For that might have to try a river system pembina?? If you need info on jackfish I can tell you some good clear flats. What lures?

Penner
06-13-2013, 09:15 AM
Cardiff Park Pond

cube
06-13-2013, 09:28 AM
Jarvis lake would be a bit closer than banff.

Nakoda boater
06-13-2013, 09:38 AM
Maligne lake...

TrollGRG
06-13-2013, 01:41 PM
If you just want pics in the water and not of the surrounding scenery then just go to Lacomb Lake (Man Made Lake) in St Albert. It's close and has a rocky shoreline.

FishingFrenzy
06-13-2013, 03:11 PM
Fish (Shunda) Lake in Nordegg.

Around Edmonton I would try Wabuman. Launch a boat at the PP, go out under the trestle and go LEFT immedietly. The shoreline by the tracks there is rocky and the water is clear. Make sure to go on a day where its sunny, with some cloud cover so you get sufficient lighting without too much glare.

fedfred
06-13-2013, 08:09 PM
Maligne's probably frozen still.

More lakes to fish in Jasper than Banff. Talbot Lake good in jasper, shallow and is probably clear. But in Edmonton you're better off going to a pond than any lake. If you want a nice backdrop then you're gonna need to go for a drive.

Red Bullets
06-13-2013, 09:05 PM
If you need clear water, Edmonton Beach also called Spring Lake is crystal clear to 20 feet. Not scenic at all.

Also Twin Lake by Winfield Alberta is also crystal clear. The Edmonton dive club dives here because it is so clear. Twin lake location is very nice for a backdrop. Forested and hilly. look on google maps satelite image. The lake is 2 miles east of winfield.

Unfortunately no rocks at either location.

taipan
06-14-2013, 12:30 AM
Thanks a lot gentlemen, I appreciate the feed back, the back drop is not important only filming underwater. I like the Red deer and nordegg options, going to try for this Sunday, any more info please let fly!!! Thanks a lot again

1bluZebec
06-14-2013, 08:26 PM
X2 on Jackfish x2 wabamun at Fallis there's some large rocky like bottom in areas