PDA

View Full Version : Where can I slam some Goldeye ?

floppychicken
08-05-2008, 11:21 PM
Looking to do land some Goldeye. What body of water would be the best place to do that ? My assumption would be the Red Deer river but what stretch would be best to find em'. Before Tollman bridge ? After Tollman ?

(Did the float from Dickson to #54 but that only produced one Goldeye...)

Cheers,

/FC...

gonefishin
08-05-2008, 11:24 PM
I've caught a lot where the Blindman runs into the Red, and pretty much any of the major rivers in the province.

floppychicken
08-05-2008, 11:39 PM
I've caught a lot where the Blindman runs into the Red, and pretty much any of the major rivers in the province.

Really ?

Hmmm, didn't know that.... (never caught one in the BOW)

Where the blindman connects to the RDR looks like a nice place to start a float actually.... Anyone done a float around there ? What's the fishing like from there on down ?

Cheers,

/FC...

Shrubs
08-05-2008, 11:52 PM
I used to catch quite a few of them on the stretch of river in front of the Red Deer golf and country club. Never really had to use more than a grasshopper or wooly bugger. Got the odd brown closer to the opposite shore and downstream where the faster water is. They'd hang out either in the pockets of slower water or the tail of that run.

FisherPotch
08-05-2008, 11:55 PM
Dont' know if you are interested but on the NSR there are loads of them. If your ever in the region there are some guys on the forum that could get you pointed in the right direction (i'm one of them). Are you spin fishing of fly?

floppychicken
08-06-2008, 12:15 AM
Dont' know if you are interested but on the NSR there are loads of them. If your ever in the region there are some guys on the forum that could get you pointed in the right direction (i'm one of them). Are you spin fishing of fly?

Good to know...

I do both Spinning and Fly fishing (new to fly-fishing this year!) when out on the inflatable.

Cheers,

/FC....

willy
08-06-2008, 01:25 PM
yup lots in the lower bow caught a few on mon

floppychicken
08-06-2008, 01:51 PM
yup lots in the lower bow caught a few on mon

Nice !

How far 'down' do I have to go ? I normally float from Sikome to MacKinnon Flats. I really want to catch some of those things and get some photos !

Cheers,

/FC...

Winch101
08-06-2008, 01:57 PM
Goldeyes..... Walleyes.....Pike.... Largemouth .....Rainbows.....

Get a job , you no-good-nik......:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like your having a fintastic summer ....getit fintas....

aw never mind .....There has to be a pile of goldeyes in the south sask

Diefenbaker is full of themmm.

Always glad to help....

floppychicken
08-06-2008, 02:52 PM
Goldeyes..... Walleyes.....Pike.... Largemouth .....Rainbows.....

Get a job , you no-good-nik......:lol::lol::lol:

Sounds like your having a fintastic summer ....getit fintas....

aw never mind .....There has to be a pile of goldeyes in the south sask

Diefenbaker is full of themmm.

Always glad to help....

BAWAHAHAHAHH..... LOL...

Yeah man, life is good right now. I'm getting into the fishing thing, looking at boats and lot's of things to buy (that I can't neccessarily afford...:) and trying to get into a different body of water every other week !

I'm seriously considering a 18' Weldcraft inboard Jet (Rebel or Maverick) for next season and have been 'casually looking' around at them.... Lotsa boat for the price !

Say that Diefenbaker looks like a nice LAKE ! I'd heard about it, but never actually looked it up. Nice places to stay, reasonably priced and the fishing looks pretty darn good too ! Hmmm, might be a good place to try out a new WeldCraft ! heh,heh... (I am soooo gonna have to send the wife to Europe !! :(

Thanks for everything !

Cheers,

/FC...

Chironomid
08-07-2008, 12:23 AM
Red Deer has plenty of spots, Shrubs spot can be hit and miss depending on the amount of drunk moron people rafting down. I tend to enjoy the tranquility (sp?) downstream of the city, and more fish (with the exception of brown trout). PM Me and I can give you a few spots to check out that will put at least 30 on the end of your line in an evening.