PDA

View Full Version : White fish

craig82
06-14-2013, 11:37 AM
Hey just wondering if anyone knows of any good places to fish for white fish around sundre or caroline ? My wife loves them but I have never fished for them before. I'm not even sure what to use. I'm running spinning tackle. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for he help!

cube
06-14-2013, 12:33 PM
Try searching both white fish and whitefish.

I would also try searching Speckle55 as he catches lots of them in the summer. You might even try giving him a PM and ask him what he feels might be best.

While I have never personally fished whitefish in the summer I have heard of guys having success with small mepps spinners trolled slowly behind bottom bouncers, fly's or wire worms below slip bobbers etc. in 8-12 feet of water.

Good Luck to you.

fish gunner
06-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Hey just wondering if anyone knows of any good places to fish for white fish around sundre or caroline ? My wife loves them but I have never fished for them before. I'm not even sure what to use. I'm running spinning tackle. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks for he help!

What kind of white fish? lake or rocky mountain. Sylvan or gull have lake , the red deer river has many rocky mountain whites come fall. Hope that helps .:)