PDA

View Full Version : Beaver Lake by Lac La Biche?

BANG
06-15-2013, 09:18 PM
I have never been and am just looking for any general information about it.
Boat launches,campgrounds,lake condition,hows the fishing? etc
Thanks

Kurt505
06-15-2013, 09:45 PM
I have never been and am just looking for any general information about it.
Boat launches,campgrounds,lake condition,hows the fishing? etc
Thanks

Nice lake, I once caught a 5x6 white tail in about 14' of water, spotted it laying on the bottom of the lake while trolling(that's how clear it is). Fishing was non stop when I fished it. There are a couple different camp grounds on the lake, I stayed at the one run by the local natives. It's good if you want to party and scrounge for fire wood, but if you like a peaceful stay in a clean, organized campground, and a better boat launch, I would recommend staying at a different campground. A very nice lake, with all amenities close by, I'd go back, just to a different campsite.

deercrazy!
06-15-2013, 09:45 PM
Lock your truck !!!!! And hide your valuables

Vigsy
06-15-2013, 10:44 PM
Lock your truck !!!!! And hide your valuables

X2 can be sketchy,
was there last summer and drifted the whole south end with jig and minnow and our boat only got one dink. not as clear as it once was and the netting has really put a damper on the fishing

Alberta Bigbore
06-15-2013, 11:32 PM
X2 can be sketchy,
was there last summer and drifted the whole south end with jig and minnow and our boat only got one dink. not as clear as it once was and the netting has really put a damper on the fishing

Thats not good to hear.

valley13
06-15-2013, 11:36 PM
Same story as alot of ab lakes:(

BANG
06-16-2013, 09:41 AM
Thanks for the info fellas.
The alberta fishing guide makes a note about a bunch of islands and as i despise staying in campgrounds im thinking i will make a island home base for a few days and check it out.

ZipperHead
06-16-2013, 12:24 PM
Stay away from beaver. Fishing is mediocre at best and I had my truck broken into at spruce spruce point when it was parked there for all of 2 hours in broad day light. I hope they enjoy my daughter's princess rod that they stole. It meant the world to her kind of like my back up tackle box that they swiped too. Made a report to the police and the local detachment told me to steer clear from that campsite as thefts are ridiculous right now there. Couldn't imagine leaving a boat on the water over night.

BANG
06-16-2013, 01:37 PM
Well thats discouraging i will start looking into a alternative i guess.
And if i do go there i will make sure my fish bonker is a Louisville.

81critter
06-17-2013, 01:15 AM
Fish it every other day just go party and camp. they CLOSED walleye.They had our hopes up to open lac la biche lake. Awsome campgrounds (fisn n friends) or try Kinsman campground.

becuase theres no lakes anymore for a hour and a half from me where i can keep a walleye. I fish LLB lake bar non all species. The amount of fish 21-26 is nuts when your on them. Pike every other cast in warm bays since may long.

I just found that beaver got a wee punched out cuz you your child your wife could keep them (absolutly nothing wrong with that i might add) but add stacked campground and me and my fellow fishin buddies yea they shut it down.