PDA

View Full Version : piegon lake help

diesel fixer
08-06-2008, 04:56 PM
I recently got married and with that I got use of the family cabin at piegon lake. I just got here and need to know what you guys figure the best place to fish and what has been workin out here. I have my boat and a bunch of spoons and rattlers but they dont seem to be working. I am going to be here for 7-10 days so any suggestion will help

redneck posse
08-06-2008, 05:32 PM
try off the beach at the provincial park. there is usually a bunch of boats fishing that area. find a spot in 18/20 feet of water and just vertical jig with a bright color jig head(florecent green or orange), with ether a leech or a jumbo minnow.fish about 2 to 3 inches off bottom.

SuCraM
08-06-2008, 06:10 PM
You beat me to the punch Kevin lol. Yup jumbo minnows on a bright jig head under a slip bobber works the best for both pike and walleye at pigeon.

Winch101
08-06-2008, 06:13 PM
It seem to me there were fish on every point from 12 to 20 ft
on the same side as the campground ... nite crawler cut in three and a piece on a 1/8 oz jig ( slower drop ) brought bigger fish ... Pike just about every place there were weeds ....

Now I only have one question , if this is a honeymoon and your fishing
now that is a Gem of a girl .
I took my wife to Lake o the woods ....but I had to take her to Hawaii to make up for it ....:D

About three weeks ago we fished for about 4 hrs and had over 50 walleyes ..This is walleye heaven ...

High_N_Wide
08-06-2008, 06:44 PM
Fish the easterly point of Mulhurst Bay, about 100 yards to 200 yards from shore drift there dragging 1/8oz jig with leech or minnow. You will not be able to keep up. You may notice this will change from day to day. However if you fish mid week in the evening when boat traffic is at a minimum you will catch them until you are sore. If you fish it on the weekend it will slow a ton and everyone goes to the provincial park. Then you can play bumper boats over there!

2 years ago a buddy and myself caught 280 walleye in 5 hours. I know that seems ridiculous but they were counted, had 150 and he had 130. All were released. One fish we had caught twice, Daryl lost his jig and actually caught it back about an hour later!:lol:

With 300 minutes in 5 hours that give you an idea of the kind of fishing we had.

Best of luck, I would be interested to know how you do as I have not fished there this year. But this spot has never failed me.

Trev

Mayhem
08-06-2008, 07:16 PM
Fished there the weekend before the long...three of us in the boat, lots of doubles and a few triples. Only used a rattling jig/minnow just ouside of the weeds (about 1/2 mile north of the pp point) in 10 fow.