PDA

View Full Version : Gordy klassen trapping course

gunslinger
08-06-2008, 09:20 PM
Guys i bought the trapper education course donated by gordy klassen,

Im gonna be in the bush hutning sheep but the wife is going to the course, soudns like its a great course taught by a great trapper....anyone else going to the course in late august early september.

slopeshunter
08-07-2008, 07:43 AM
Hadn't heard about it. What can you tell us about it?

gunslinger
08-07-2008, 02:53 PM
yea i bought a silent auction tab at the sci show in edmonton for a three day trapping course put on by gordy out at debolt.
its a 28 hour course, 20 hours are in teh classroon and a half day is out in the field setting traps, skinning, flesheing and forming fur.

at the end of the course certificates are given to the successful participants and they are free to purchase licenses adn become albertas newest trappers,and in addition they also receive there first years membership in the alberta trappers association..

wife wanted to go and ive always wanted to do this sort of thing so we bid on it and got it,,,,i think shes gonna have a blast learnign all that stuff.

slopeshunter
08-08-2008, 08:16 AM
Thanks for the info Slinger. I checked it out on the ATA website. That course has been in the back of my mind to take for some time. Maybe next time they have one down south I'll try to get myself into it. Good on your wife for going, I'm sure she'll have a great time!

Shooterincardiff
08-20-2008, 09:55 PM
I just got back from taking the course at the Dave Unger Trappers College and I gotta tell you it was excellent!! I'd recommend it for everyone from youngsters to registered trappers. Great stuff!!

gunslinger
08-21-2008, 08:22 AM
yea i talked to gordy here a couple days ago and the course is going to be from sept 4-7 and he does have a couple spots open for it, so lookign forward to it.

THEB
09-23-2008, 03:24 PM
Next trappers course at Dave Unger college is January 15-18.

GummyMonster
01-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Just read this post, is thr gordy klassen course the same as the dave unger course, how would I get ahold of Mr Klassen?
Also, does this cover the schoolng required to get a resident trappers license ?
I haven't held a license for 20 years or so, so I am assuming I will need the course to aquire a license.
Thanx in advance

NCC
01-25-2009, 07:55 PM
Try this link:

http://www.albertatrappers.com/education/trapperCourses/2008FallWolfCourseSchedule.pdf

If it doesn't work, google the Alberta Trappers Association.