PDA

View Full Version : Bow Press Dealers

BlackBear74
06-18-2013, 10:32 AM
I'm looking to get a Last Chance EZ Press and would like some feedback from people that have one.

What do you like the most about it? Any problems?

For those that have one, did you have to order it from the Manufacturer or is there a dealer in Canada?

Thanks

HoytAlpha35
06-18-2013, 02:00 PM
Before you buy a press check out the Bow-A-Constrictor from buckeye archery solutions. It is the only press approved by all manufacturers. Easy access to the cams. EZ presses are okay, but after using both I think the bow-a is 100x the press the last chance is. The basic press will be a bit more than the ez-press, but you can also get the quick draw tuning attachment for setting up timing and checking. Frank is awesome to deal with, quick to reply messages, my press took a little longer than he wanted so he gave me a couple side trays to make up for it.

https://buckeyearcherysolutions.com/the-bow-a-constrictor-bow-press

BlackBear74
06-18-2013, 09:15 PM
That Bow-A-Constrictor is impressive. Will have to check into that as well. How tall is the draw arm? I've only got 7' ceilings in the area where I would be using as an archery shop.

HoytAlpha35
06-21-2013, 06:43 AM
That Bow-A-Constrictor is impressive. Will have to check into that as well. How tall is the draw arm? I've only got 7' ceilings in the area where I would be using as an archery shop.

The Draw Accessory is height adjustable. I have my press set a little bit lower now and there is lots of room. I'll take some measurements when i get home. Its all really flexible to fit what you would like.

BlackBear74
06-21-2013, 08:37 AM
Hoyt,
Which mounting system do you have. How is the construction quality? By that, I mean, weld quality, durability, fit and finish.

HoytAlpha35
06-25-2013, 03:38 PM
I have both the adjustable bench mount and the permanent bench mount. I set-up my own mounting blocks on the wall for the permanent bench mounts for use at home, this kept it close to the wall and out of the way, plus I was able to set the height of the press for me so it is easier to work on bows. I have the adjustable bench mounts for portability, Frank does not recommend using the Quick draw with the adjustable mounts because of tipping hazards. I ran mine that way with no issues. As far as height goes, its all adjustable and I think you would have no problem adjusting the draw tool to fit your work area. Anything lower than 7' it might be tough to get to fit. Send Frank any questions he is really helpful and its usually not to hard to get a hold of him on the phone too.

Vinny_HC
06-26-2013, 12:18 PM
So how does the Bow-a-constrictor compare to a Bow Time Machine? They are the same price except the Bow Time Machine includes a quick-draw whereas the Bow-a requires one to buy a sperate $215 attachment (plus shipping) which seems to be a rope-operated winch on a pole.

Secondly, I can find the EZ Press locally, whereas the Bow-a-Constrictor and the Bow Time Machine have to be shipped from the USA which adds a lot of extra cost.

Finally, I see Cabelas is now carrying the X-Press for $599. How does this one compare?

L.O.S.T.Arrow
06-26-2013, 02:52 PM
:D The X-Press will do all the EZ will and is one of the few approved presses reccomended By mathews and other bow Brands...

Neil

brohymn2
06-27-2013, 09:28 PM
bowhunters superstore has the ez press on sale right now

HoytAlpha35
06-28-2013, 08:12 AM
So how does the Bow-a-constrictor compare to a Bow Time Machine? They are the same price except the Bow Time Machine includes a quick-draw whereas the Bow-a requires one to buy a sperate $215 attachment (plus shipping) which seems to be a rope-operated winch on a pole.

Secondly, I can find the EZ Press locally, whereas the Bow-a-Constrictor and the Bow Time Machine have to be shipped from the USA which adds a lot of extra cost.

Finally, I see Cabelas is now carrying the X-Press for $599. How does this one compare?

Don't have personal experience with the bow-time machine, but there are lots of good reviews on AT. Its pretty compact too. It follows the same linear press with fingers principle as the EZ press. Bang for buck I would go with the bow time machine over the EZ-press. I think a draw board is a must for tuning, (cam timing, setting drop aways etc.) The rope winch on the bow-a isn't a cheap piece of equipment and works really well. The linear presses and bow-a are just different pressing principles. If your pressing lots of the high pre-load limbs like PSE, Bowtech, Bear the bow-a is the absolute safest and best press. Not much else to say I love my bow-a. If guys are ever out the Lloyd way PM me I have no problem showing it off:)