PDA

View Full Version : Knowledge needed question being asked three point creek

Ryanf
06-18-2013, 01:44 PM
So I will show some ignorance here by not knowing this myself perhaps someone can inform me.
So last weekend was out for not than a drive then anything but ended up parking and hitting up a very beautiful looking hole at three point creek in the upper parts Mesa butte sort of area for those that know. Anyways wetted a line had a decent number of casts into beauty water running under a bank, tree, deep water, current everything you get the idea. Now I understand one can get skunked fishing and fishing can be slow but I've fished many rivers and streams
In my life and to not have pulled a fish or had a bite or a follow or even to see one rise out of this spot greatly surprised me. I
Usually never get out stream fishing this early in the year plus I've not fished three point before so I guess that's part o me not knowing the idea occurred to me that perhaps the fish haven't made the way upstream that far as of yet? Was wondering if anyone knew anything about this or had any insight. Thanks in advance and my apologies for the long winded question haha

tam474
06-18-2013, 02:13 PM
Why don't you give me some more details and I can go a try your hole?

Ryanf
06-18-2013, 02:56 PM
Well I'm just gonna read into that and say it was just either not a good day or me

walking buffalo
06-18-2013, 03:33 PM
I know several locals that don't bother to fish Three-Point.... ;)

omega50
06-18-2013, 05:20 PM
I know several locals that don't bother to fish Three-Point.... ;)

I agree completely- especially that section above where the OP was fishing:)
And I know several more locals that would never ever try to match a Hellgrammite on that stretch:)

Arbourjay
06-18-2013, 10:37 PM
Beautiful country that way. Try Three point around Millarville area?

Ryanf
06-18-2013, 11:18 PM
No but it's on my list of many waters guess it should be near the top since its close to home but we will see haha

onthefly
06-18-2013, 11:45 PM
Season is really young, not sure how often you fish on or around opening day, but its quite slower then July through Oct... Particularly on drys. Colder water temp, plus higher water. I can fish my favourite streams right now, and catch a couple fish total, but in a few weeks I can get 2-5 fish from every hole in the same run. As for Three Point, it has fish, I hit it lots for a season a couple years back when I lived near it.

Ryanf
06-19-2013, 08:59 AM
Oh I fish lots and do lots of stream fishing also but yeah never this early usually don't wet a line in a stream till July. Slower makes sense though its like any fishing water temp ect early on in the season the bites not quite been triggered yet gotcha