PDA

View Full Version : Boats on Ponoka Chain Lakes

Kolt30
06-19-2013, 02:58 PM
Does anyone know if you are allowed boats with outboard motors on the chain lakes east of ponoka?

chiefmanywords
06-19-2013, 03:37 PM
Yes, you are.

Kolt30
06-20-2013, 10:38 AM
thanks, called fish and feathers but there office is closed...

Fishnafterwork
06-20-2013, 10:54 AM
So what?.... Is that it..? Thread over?...

How bout some more...?
What's your best fish from chain?
Most fish in a day?
Best experience?
Worst experience?

I'll start .... I got engaged at chain so I love that lake!(best experience)
Best fish... Not great maybe 14"....
Most fish 50+ during spawn I nailed em on ants and Mosquitos

And my worst experience was loading the boat on the lake one day and bring blown half ways across the lake in seconds... I had just taken my boat in for service and when I turned my key ... Nothing.... Dang guys left my lights on and drained my battery... Took me 2&1/2 hours of pushing the minnkota to the limit into the wind to get back to the dock... When I got there my wife is standing on the dock p'd off thinking I just went fishing without picking her up first... Meanwhile I'm spitting every word in the book about my friends at b&l ...

tight line
06-20-2013, 12:33 PM
Yes outboards are allowed. We wake board on 1st and second. And fish it every so often. Lots of small pike 2-3lbs biggest i seen was 7lbs. Pike on ants and mosquitos? You talking bout the same chain lakes fishinafter work?

Kolt30
06-21-2013, 05:52 PM
I think he may have been talking about the chain lakes west of Calgary fishing for trout.

I have heard about people hammering pike like that in ponokas lakes though. heard the same thing as you said lots of small pilke.

which do you feel is better for fishing 1st or 2nd?