PDA

View Full Version : Three mild bend red deer

Thundercatcher
06-19-2013, 10:00 PM
So I fished the RedDeer river for the first time,I caught two goldeye,first time catching one,does anyone know if you can eat fish from there or is it bad for you.also there is a pond farther up and then another on the other side ,any fish in those ponds? It's at the three mile bend

BeeGuy
06-19-2013, 11:01 PM
That's great!

What did you get them on?

You can check online about fish consumption advisories for AB.

Not sure about the ponds.

MrDave
06-20-2013, 09:59 AM
So I fished the RedDeer river for the first time,I caught two goldeye,first time catching one,does anyone know if you can eat fish from there or is it bad for you.also there is a pond farther up and then another on the other side ,any fish in those ponds? It's at the three mile bend

You can eat them. Unless you are pregnant. Lol check around for any warnings. A couple of fish from the Red Deer River won't harm you. Fish out of the Blindman or Medicine River I won't eat. Just my choice on them. I know how polluted they are.
Did see a dead trout in one pond before.

fishman
06-20-2013, 11:18 AM
goldeye seem to always have a high content of mercury....must be what they eat

Nait Hadya
06-20-2013, 01:10 PM
There is no consumption warning for goldeye in the Red Deer River below the Blindman River outlet. Considering what happened upstream, I'm not certain why the whole watershed wasn't designaited catch and release for all species.....safety first!

fishman
06-20-2013, 01:33 PM
goldeye like to migrate great distances.......i read a few years back one in the bow with a radio transmitter had came from winnipeg area

Dysfunctional Bubble
06-21-2013, 01:50 AM
I eat em. (gold eye) I think if you're an adult male you should be ok. Check the consumption chart in the regs if you're really that concerned.
They are a wet fish, so you need to either skin them or skore the skin so you can dry them out in the oven for a hour or so. Once all that water is evaporated its not bad.