PDA

View Full Version : Need to buy a reel!

canadiantdi
06-20-2013, 12:08 AM
My good buddy is getting married.. what should I get him? I'm thinking a nice reel. I could get him a gravy boat or a butter dish but that would suck.

Anyone have any suggestions? $200 is what I am thinking. Maybe a little more if there is a big difference in quality. I usually just buy Walmart or crappy tire specials.. I currently use a $100 crappy tire baitcaster, so I really have no idea what I should get.. Any suggestions would be appreciated..

Wild&Free
06-20-2013, 12:14 AM
Gift certificate to get some molded ear plugs made would be a thoughtful wedding present.

HunterDave
06-20-2013, 12:14 AM
You're buying a reel as a wedding gift......isn't the gift supposed to be meant for both of them?

huntsfurfish
06-20-2013, 12:17 AM
Hes getting a matching "his and hers" pair of reels:)

MtnGiant
06-20-2013, 12:26 AM
for a reely happy consummation.....better make the pre-nups now.

but seriously.....maybe a gift certificate will suffice

canadiantdi
06-20-2013, 05:25 AM
Gift certificate to get some molded ear plugs made would be a thoughtful wedding present.

haha ya good idea!

canadiantdi
06-20-2013, 05:28 AM
for a reely happy consummation.....better make the pre-nups now.

but seriously.....maybe a gift certificate will suffice

Ya maybe I should print off rustys marriage thread and give him that as a gift lol

Gift certificate is probably the best idea, but I doubt one to Cabelas will be considered for the both of them either haha

dang

Penner
06-20-2013, 06:39 AM
I'll throw one out there a Shimano Calcutta 200. I got one and absoultley love it. Think Diawa makes a comparable too.

cube
06-20-2013, 08:28 AM
If you’re looking for a spinning reel I believe a Shimano Stradic FJ reel would match that price range. However, a his and hers set would perhaps be a better option. Maybe you could find someone else to go in with so you could purchase the set.

Good luck in your quest and to the couple as well.

SCHOOCH
06-20-2013, 08:57 AM

HAHAHAHA...........obviously some of us have been married for a long time!!!

I would give him the $200 in cash, wedding gift are supposed to be for both Groom/Bride.....of course if you hate her i would get him the gift cert. so he has a new excuse to leave her at home and go fishing.

canadiantdi
06-20-2013, 11:46 PM
Well, I went to cabela's and bought a rod and reel. For myself. I picked up a Shimano Saros 3000FA. It is very nice! Really smooth.

I am going to get the newlyweds a gift certificate, or at least something that they can both use! Sorry buddy! Enjoy your gravy boat!

Did I mention that I bought a new rod and reel?!? Heading to Wab next Wednesday for a 20 pounder!! can't wait!

fishinmatt
06-21-2013, 01:16 AM
shimano stradic